New to the forums! Lots to lose and looking for friends and motivation from similar minded people

Options
Hiya!

I've been using Fitnesspal on and off for 3 years now but never actually pressed the community button to check it out!

I had a baby, 9 months ago and have gained a bit back (in the past 3 months) I had already lost about 70lbs and I refuse to gain it all back! So I'm back here, pressing for a change.

I'd love some friends on here that have a lot to lose (+100lbs)
I'm very interested in nutrition and exercise. Love cooking and baking with fresh healthy ingredients and have spent the past few years reading a lot about weightloss and lifestyles.
I'm not going to a gym at the moment, but I am doing Zumba at home and go walking whenever I can. (I have a fitbit and would love some new people on it!)
I'm also very interesting in music, all sorts of art and creating such as drawing, writing, photography and knitting. Netflix and tv shows

Replies

• CoffeenSquats
    CoffeenSquats Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I've had MFP for several years as well, but was never really serious about it until now. Perhaps if I had known there was an entire community, but I guess I just was never interested enough to look around. lol.

I'm thinking I want to lose 35-40lbs, but that will depend on the changes I see physically and much more importantly as I just lost my mother to heart disease, I'm looking to make a permanent lifestyle change.

I love to cook and for the most part I cook well, but I'm very interested in nutrition and introducing more fresh ingredients into our meals.

I won't be using a gym as I simply don't have time between work and kids, but I do have a bike that I'm taking out riding several nights a week as well as hand weights and there are plenty of workouts that can be done without equipment.

I love music, I'm slightly addicted to Netflix and I am actually in the process of learning to crochet. lol.

So maybe we could be friends? :#
  • asmitasinha2798
    asmitasinha2798 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I've had MFP for several years as well, but was never really serious about it until now. Perhaps if I had known there was an entire community, but I guess I just was never interested enough to look around. lol.

I'm thinking I want to lose 35-40lbs, but that will depend on the changes I see physically and much more importantly as I just lost my mother to heart disease, I'm looking to make a permanent lifestyle change.

I love to cook and for the most part I cook well, but I'm very interested in nutrition and introducing more fresh ingredients into our meals.

I won't be using a gym as I simply don't have time between work and kids, but I do have a bike that I'm taking out riding several nights a week as well as hand weights and there are plenty of workouts that can be done without equipment.

I love music, I'm slightly addicted to Netflix and I am actually in the process of learning to crochet. lol.

So maybe we could be friends? :#

Hey there. I recently came to know about this app and looks like it's great. I weigh a lot (i think) and doctors told me shed some weight so here i am. I love to eat and cook as well so yeah that worries me a bit. I started practicing yoga i don't know if that's gonna make much of a difference.
    So i'm looking forward to be friends with you.
    Oh my name is Asmita by the way.
  • SophiasMama12
    SophiasMama12 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hey :) I've had MFP off and on for a while but am taking it more serious as I have a crap ton of weight to lose (80-100lbs) I am looking for like minded people to cheer on and have fun. I am a single mom of a beautiful 5 year old Princess. I am very interested in nutrition and I honestly love how creative one can be with healthy eating.
    I also am huge into Photograph, writing, crafts, and being outdoors. Let's get these pounds gone and get active!!
  • LeeSanders147
    LeeSanders147 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Lee I am one of the lucky ones have already hit my goal weight and now just working hard on maintaining that weight but always ready to help others.
  • sophiesr122
    sophiesr122 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm 9 months pp too and 3st 2lb down but still got 2 1/2 st more to lose ..looking for motivation as I've just been maintaing for a few months
  • allieparkia
    allieparkia Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! Jumping back on after letting myself go for a while...
  • dragonfly_66
    dragonfly_66 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I had my 3rd baby 6 months ago and have about 20 to go until GW. I do tend to share my blog posts or videos about cooking minimally processed food for busy people on a budget or food pics
    I lost 70 lbs after my second baby so k ow it's possible!
  • gunner19er
    gunner19er Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Welcome if anyone on here wants to add me feel free I'm not sure how this thing really works.