Protein Shake/Powder Recommendations

Options
niklong
niklong Posts: 49 Member
What is your favorite protein shake powder? I was using Isagenix and really like it, but it's pretty pricey. Looking for something a little cheaper but still tastes good. I have one now but I really don't like it...any flavor of it :neutral:

Replies

• tink11464
    tink11464 Posts: 119 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    I like Trutein and Quest - - both let you purchase samples on their site before you buy a larger container.
  • Rebecca0224
    Rebecca0224 Posts: 810 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    I use MyProtein Impact Whey Isolate- unflavored it's 90 calories for 25grams with 21grams protein.
  • try2again
    try2again Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    I like the Naturade Vegan Pea Protein powder. I'm not vegan, I just had trouble digesting the whey and didn't like the taste of it.
  • ritzvin
    ritzvin Posts: 2,860 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Jym Chocolate Cookie Crunch is quite tasty (160 cal/24g if memory serves)(for comparison, fish has a better ratio but is more expensive). Bodybuilding.com has reviews and ratings specifically for taste for specific flavors of various brands. ETA: they also allow you to filter by grams protein and/or calories per serving.
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    I like EAS. Tastes good and is affordable.
  • Carolyn2017mfp
    Carolyn2017mfp Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Optimum nutrition gold standard whey protein in vanilla ice cream flavour
  • JPD00focus
    JPD00focus Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I use muscle pharm combat powder. It has 25g per scoop and average amount of sugar. I like the vanilla I mix it with greek yogurt and it taste like vanilla pudding. It doesn't bloat me like some others I've tried. It is hard for me to drink it with water, so I drink it with milk.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    I'm simple. I started cheap with Wal-Mart's Body Fortress. Eventually, and I don't recall why, I wanted to try using a vegan-style protein powder. I searched online and found the ingredient list for MRM Veggie Protein, which was just basically powdered good stuff. It's not particularly cheap. The first time I tasted it, the 'chocolate' of MRM was so different from the "chocolate" of Body Fortress, to which I had been accustomed, that I perceived the MRM to be very unpleasant. One of my friends advised that I mix it with vanilla unsweetened almondmilk. That did make it palatable. After a few days of regular use, my taste expectations had adjusted and now I find the MRM in water to be quite pleasant.

When I began this phase of my weight loss effort, which had proceeded in fits and starts but mostly stops since 1/1/2000, the ancient tub of Body Fortress in my pantry tasted just like the new tub I bought a few weeks later. That might not be a good sign.
  • Tracieisfitastic
    Tracieisfitastic Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Quest protein the cookies and cream