Wheelchairs and fitness

Options
Long story short I was injured awhile back and now have trouble using my legs most of the time. Any suggested exercises that don't require legs.

Replies

• alondrakayy
    alondrakayy Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I think you could go by any workout program and simply ignore lower body exercises. Or maybe I'm not understanding your question? Sorry to hear about your injury :(
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Look for seated or chair exercise -

Fitness Blender, Jessica Smith, Denise Austin. Look for cardio or upper body.
  • fitdaisygrrl
    fitdaisygrrl Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    TeaBea wrote: »
    Look for seated or chair exercise -

Fitness Blender, Jessica Smith, Denise Austin. Look for cardio or upper body.

Yes, this! I broke my ankle last fall and during my recovery I found seated/chair exercises that would translate well to sitting in a wheelchair. My favourite was Sparkpeople (search youtube for sparkpeple seated workout). I also did a quick search on youtube and found several results under "wheelchair workout."
  • curlsintherack
    curlsintherack Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I have a friend who is wheelchair bound and one thing he does is have someone hold resistance bands that are tied to his chair and he pulls against them. He also does things like dips to help him transfer into and out of the chair.