Jogging Strollers?!

Options
Amberlin
Amberlin Posts: 118 Member
Hey mommas and papas!

What jogging strollers do you use? How did you come to the decision of which stroller to choose?

Our stroller is in pretty bad shape. It is a three wheel jogger by Baby Trend. My fiancee didnt want to spend the big money on a better quality stroller and now I am having HUGE problems with it. My front wheel, as all of the reviews said, is catching and spinning and just doing crazy things. I have dumped my stroller over twice now. Launched my iPhone out of the cup holder onto the cement where it smashed. And today nearly broke my knee when trying to prevent the stroller from losing control again! Sigh! Sorry for the rant.

Moral of the story, I need a new stroller....

Any tips?

Replies

• dc_amaryllis
    dc_amaryllis Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    My all purpose stroller is a Phil & Ted's. Although it's not marketed as a true jogging stroller, it handles great on my walks and rougher terrain. It also has a doubles kit that you can add if you have a 2nd baby. The moms I know who are avid joggers swear by their BOB.

Good luck on your search for a new jogging stroller.
  • ShannonMpls
    ShannonMpls Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    The BOB Revolution if you want to use it outside running as well. Smooth and wonderful; I love pushing this stroller. If you want a running stroller only (fixed wheel only), I'd get the BOB Ironman.
  • Amberlin
    Amberlin Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Thanks ladies! I have heard great thing about the BOB strollers, and may consider going that route. I always love the chariot joggers as well!
  • Pavia410
    Pavia410 Posts: 12
    Options
    I have an InStep that I like, and it is several years old and still works great. I got it from an aunt and she used it a lot. It is a nice smooth ride for DD in it.
  • maureensm
    maureensm Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I have the Baby Trend jogger as well because it was way cheaper than the other models. Are you making sure you're locking the front wheel? It should only swivel when you're walking. If you leave it unlocked when jogging/running, it will cause the wheel to go all crazy and wobbly. Also make sure that it's screwed on tightly.

I a two-year old and have been using the same jogger since he was 6 months with little problems. However, I've heard that Bob's are the best.
  • azdvlz5
    azdvlz5 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I have a BOB! I LOVE it but my baby is now 2 and no longer fits in it with the canopy dwn. So if your little one is older be aware they may out grow the BOB quickly.
  • stephr2014
    stephr2014 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I have a jeep jogging stroller and I love it. no complaints yet.
  • cheri03
    cheri03 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I love my Phil and Teds. I wish I had that one from the beginning. I have put thousands of miles on it. LOVE IT. I have the doubles kit too and it is so easy to use.
  • alexfaty
    alexfaty Posts: 61
    Options
    I also have an InStep 10k which is great, a friend gave it to me, she had her daughter in it for 4 years and so far I have been using it 3 1/2 years, love it. But I have to stop running to get it up and down pavements so I tend to walk down to the seafront and run along there which is a good 6mile strip of evenish concrete.