Cross the Line

Options
Hello everybody. I just wanted to introduce myself.

To begin with, I'm 37 and 5'5" and hit my highest weight recently of 290lbs. That was my starting weight. Today I am 2lbs lighter and I'm not stopping here. My goal weight is 140lbs.

I gained most of my weight out of college, and then things just got comfortable. It just became the way I was and I was fine with that. This is me. Beautiful me; with 150 extra pounds to love, that's all. But lately the list of things I want to do but physically can't has reached an all time high. The biggest thing that pushed me to make a change was my lifelong desire to thru-hike the Appalachian Trail.

As a teen I hiked part of the trail in Maine, and loved it. One of my father's dreams was to hike the trail too, but he never got the chance. I'd like to hike it in his honor. Recently I watched a video of a sped up version of the entire trail, and I became obsessed. I started watching Youtuber's who'd done it. One of those Youtuber's talked about what inspired her. It was a small card her mother had given her. From the moment I read those words, they resonated with me on a deep level. At a different point in my life it may not have. But sometimes the right inspiration comes along at the right time, and everything changes.

This is what was on the card:

CROSS THE LINE
Cross: (Verb) 1. To move from one side to another. 2. To pass over mediocrity.

With everything, there's a line. On one side of the line is a greater chance to make things happen(better results, better relationships, more opportunities). On the other side of the line there is less of a chance. And with each line you have a choice. You want to cross the line or you don't. You want that better chance at making good things happen (meaningful things) or you settle with the lesser chance. Your choice.

HOW TO CROSS THE LINE
1. Choose to Commit. Make that choice to improve your chances to go beyond mediocrity. Approach the things you do with the intent to deliver, succeed, and serve.
2. Work hard. Real effort and attention are the keys to making good things happen. There are no quick fixes. Push yourself. Earn your results.
3. Focus. Eliminate distractions. Minimize the negative people, thoughts, and things. Time moves quickly and you can't get it back. Take good care of it.
4. Bounce Back. Embrace your challenges and learn from mistakes. Remember your choice to cross the line and make good things happen for yourself and the people around you.

Replies

• Rufftimes
    Rufftimes Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
  • RichardM1047
    RichardM1047 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    sourkate wrote: »
    Hello everybody. I just wanted to introduce myself.

To begin with, I'm 37 and 5'5" and hit my highest weight recently of 290lbs. That was my starting weight. Today I am 2lbs lighter and I'm not stopping here. My goal weight is 140lbs.

I gained most of my weight out of college, and then things just got comfortable. It just became the way I was and I was fine with that. This is me. Beautiful me; with 150 extra pounds to love, that's all. But lately the list of things I want to do but physically can't has reached an all time high. The biggest thing that pushed me to make a change was my lifelong desire to thru-hike the Appalachian Trail.

As a teen I hiked part of the trail in Maine, and loved it. One of my father's dreams was to hike the trail too, but he never got the chance. I'd like to hike it in his honor. Recently I watched a video of a sped up version of the entire trail, and I became obsessed. I started watching Youtuber's who'd done it. One of those Youtuber's talked about what inspired her. It was a small card her mother had given her. From the moment I read those words, they resonated with me on a deep level. At a different point in my life it may not have. But sometimes the right inspiration comes along at the right time, and everything changes.

This is what was on the card:

CROSS THE LINE
    Cross: (Verb) 1. To move from one side to another. 2. To pass over mediocrity.

With everything, there's a line. On one side of the line is a greater chance to make things happen(better results, better relationships, more opportunities). On the other side of the line there is less of a chance. And with each line you have a choice. You want to cross the line or you don't. You want that better chance at making good things happen (meaningful things) or you settle with the lesser chance. Your choice.

HOW TO CROSS THE LINE
    1. Choose to Commit. Make that choice to improve your chances to go beyond mediocrity. Approach the things you do with the intent to deliver, succeed, and serve.
    2. Work hard. Real effort and attention are the keys to making good things happen. There are no quick fixes. Push yourself. Earn your results.
    3. Focus. Eliminate distractions. Minimize the negative people, thoughts, and things. Time moves quickly and you can't get it back. Take good care of it.
    4. Bounce Back. Embrace your challenges and learn from mistakes. Remember your choice to cross the line and make good things happen for yourself and the people around you.

Thanks for taking the time and efforts to share with us!
    I start this new program on June 12 with an interest to trim off some weight for my health, also I log in daily to keep track on my meal intake. Accept me a friend for this commented to trim off some weight and have nee friends for this healthy lifestyle.
  • CoffeenSquats
    CoffeenSquats Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing! I think a lot of us needed to read this, too. Best of luck to you!