Cheat day?

Options
So, 7 years ago today I was on the beach in Jamaica saying "I do" (my wife has regretted that ever since, haha). We are going out for dinner tonight and have this bottle of wine at home that we've been saving. I've tried pretty hard today to keep my calorie count low as it's going to be tough tonight, especially if that wine is as good as we think it's going to be.

Cheat day allowed? :-)

Replies

• SenoraMacias
    SenoraMacias Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Definintely allowed! Try not to look at it as a diet. It's your life, just a little healthier now. Live it! And congrats :)
  • LosinMama2b
    Options
    I think so! Go for it!!! And congrats on the 7 years!!!!
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Cheat day, no.
    Free day, yes.
  • wndrwmn12
    wndrwmn12 Posts: 6
    Options
    Absolutely allowed! Especially since you have tried in other ways to keep your calories down elsewhere. Sometimes you just gotta let go and live. Otherwise... this becomes a "DIET" and not a lifestyle. Enjoy a guilt free night and Congratulations!
  • ywolfie
    ywolfie Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    That's so wonderful! Congrats to you and your wife. Enjoy your night tonight and a great bottle of wine together.
  • ACook42
    ACook42 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Yes....very much so encouraged to have a good time and be a little more relaxed about the diet tonight. We all deserve a little fun.
    Enjoy!
  • sjkcarter
    sjkcarter Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I thinks so. You can't deprive yourself, as long as you don't go to crazy you should be fine. Congrats!!! and same to you wife!!!
  • Monica_has_a_goal
    Monica_has_a_goal Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    No guilt involved when you celebrate an anniversary.. Congratulations! :happy:
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    I do at least one meal every week, hasn't hurt me yet. Taking a year off hurt me,,, but one meal? Naahhh...

Happy anniversary to you - my condolences to her highness. :bigsmile:
  • clydeisme
    clydeisme Posts: 49
    Options
    You both deserve that bottle of wine, congrats on 7 years!!!
    Cheers to many, many more years together!!!
  • DavyRockhit
    DavyRockhit Posts: 168
    Options
    today is my anniversary too! 9 years for me. I am deciding to stay on my diet... I am the kind of person that if I give myself a little bit of room to slack I can't handle it and I hit rock bottom. I am still very new at having been on a strict calorie count but I did drink with friends the other night and the next day figured that I had consumed over 1200 calories... I was regretful. I think that if I have a drink tonight I would just log it in ahead of time and do the work out so I know where I stand that way I can have fun and not be worried about if I am going over.
  • CherrySunday
    CherrySunday Posts: 301
    Options
    For my birthday dinner night, me and my husband both worked out together at the gym beforehand, so when dinner time came around we didn't feel the guilt!

Congrats for the anniversary!!!
  • 3ball
    3ball Posts: 338
    Options

Happy anniversary to you - my condolences to her highness. :bigsmile:

Hah! Someone that gets me. lol

Thanks everyone. I'll be careful with my dinner selection, but won't worry too much either. We'll see how it goes, and then just work a little harder the rest of the week to make up for it.
  • 3ball
    Options
    So yeah, I wasn't so careful with my selection. Angel hair pasta with chicken, bacon pieces, and alfredo sauce. It was amazing though. At least I only ate half of it and saved the rest for tomorrow. That's also because I helped my wife eat hers and had some fantastic wheat bread with a honey butter sauce. Oops! haha
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    You were doing Ok 'til you said Alfredo sauce. I don't know who Alfredo was,,, but I bet he wasn't skinny.

One bump, long road. We're doing death by pizza tomorrow night, wish us luck.
  • 3ball
    Options
    That Alfredo guy is evil, but he makes a mean sauce. The leftovers today were fantastic. Time to work it back off.
  • DavyRockhit
    Options
    so, how do you feel now? was it worth it to cheat?
  • 3ball
    Options
    Sure, not bad I guess. I've already lost the extra that I gained that night. Definitely not a good habit to get in to though, so it's back to the grind.
  • DavyRockhit
    Options
    YAY!!! Well, I would say that if you are happy with your decision it was totally worth it. I always have regret and that is why I know my limits :)
  • 3ball
    Options
    I wouldn't say happy, but it is what it is. I wish I'd have chosen wiser, but oh well.