Struggling

Options
I've been doing so well and changed my cupboard contents but the last couple of weeks I just keep wanting to eat even when I'm not hungry! Tried snacking on fruit but I still want more even had a couple of days off but no still want to eat everything in my fridge. I even find myself chewing the inside of my mouth where I want to eat so bad, why am I feeling like this anyone know?

Replies

• Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Do you have your deficit set too high? I'm a little concerned that you're chewing on your own sides of your mouth - that sounds like a legit problem.
  • seska422
    seska422 Posts: 3,217 Member
    Options
    Is your calorie goal set too low? Are you eating enough protein, fat, and fiber? Have you tried to change too many things about your eating at once?

One thing that helps me is to log before I eat. That lets me see how many calories the amount that I want has and decide if I really want to eat it, how much I want, or if I might want something different before I've consumed those calories.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    What are your height, weight, and activity level and how much are you eating? Also, what are you eating each day? Snacking on only fruit may not be your best option. You may feel more full if you snack on more protein-rich or even fat-rich foods, either instead of or in addition to fruit.
  • kellyfeb78
    kellyfeb78 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I'm set to lose 1.5 a week had it on that for a while now and that is roughly what I'm losing sometimes only a 1kb, I do workout a fair bit at the gym ( minimum 3 times a week) but I eat back my calories I'm on 1300 cal a day. I've started drinking protein shakes now in powder form to boost my intake. I've been dieting for 3 months so really don't understand why suddenly it's become so hard to not eat
  • kellyfeb78
    Options
    I'm 5'10 and currently 13 stone 7lb. I've started eating breakfast, cut back my milk intake using coconut milk instead, I eat a lot of vegetables with my dinner to make it more filling and yet an hr later I want to eat again. I work nights so lunch is debatable from day to day. I'm a fork truck driver so I'm not active at work hence I go to the gym often
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    You are minimally overweight. Lower your calorie deficit to 1 pound per week.

Also, consider a diet break. That doesn't mean quit logging and go hog wild eating anything you want. It means be mindful and either eat without logging or eat while logging, with the goal to eat at/around maintenance. Here are two good articles about diet breaks:

~~ Diet breaks ~~
    * http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/the-full-diet-break.html/
    * http://strengthunbound.com/when-to-take-a-diet-break/
  • kellyfeb78
    Options
    I've changed my settings to lose 1lb a week will see how that goes as it's increased my intake by 240 if I still keep wanting to eat everything then I will do the diet break for a few days, my daughter said I'm pushing myself too hard and depriving myself which to a certain extent I am but on my to try and be healthier, feels like an endless battle! Thank u for the advice
  • Mika1221
    Mika1221 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I have the same issue, I've found adding things like almonds and yogurt with a bottle of water rather than my usual chips and soda have made wonderful snack replacements.