Average weight recorded from February: 132
Average weight recorded from March: 132
Average weight recorded from April: 132
Average weight recorded from May: 132

Week of June 2: 132
Week of June 9: 129
Week of June 16: 131

Struggles/Successes
Tomorrow is weigh-in day for this week and they always make me so nervous. I look at how I went from 129 to 131 in a week and worry that this week will be 132, next week 133, the next week back to my original weight of 338. It's so hard. Did anyone hear the "Fat" episode of This American Life? It is from a while ago but they ran it again in May. Talks about different peoples' reactions to weight, having lost it and so forth. I wonder, was I happier at 338? I don't think so, but Weigh In Eve always makes me wonder.

Replies

• ChristineE63
    ChristineE63 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Great job maintaining!
  • kalchthaleri
    kalchthaleri Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    You are kind. It is hard.
  • DebLaBounty
    DebLaBounty Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    I am so impressed with your progress and discipline!
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    You are well within your maintenance range. If you get to the top of the range, go back to eating at a 250 calorie deficit until you're back in your range. That's how you keep the 338 at bay. Yes, it's hard, but hopefully you feel it's worth it! I NEVER want to go back to my start at 301. My life there was MUCH harder.
  • Jmatievich
    Jmatievich Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    You are doing great. Stay with us!
  • slimtastesbetter
    slimtastesbetter Posts: 8,014 Member
    Options
    There is NO WAY you would allow yourself to gain back your original weight. Which by the way, is amazing, congrats on losing so much weight! You are doing what successful maintainers do, you are weighing on a regular basis, at least once a week. I imagine if you ever see 135 or higher on the scale you'll buckle down to nip it in the bud before it gets out of hand. It's good that you give yourself a weight range because your weight IS going to fluctuate due to holidays, vacations, occasional splurges etc. The 129 to 131 might not have even been a "real" gain, it could have been that you were retaining some water.

I think it's GREAT that you got down to 129. I'm 5'3" and a few years ago I was able to get down to high 120's but I couldn't maintain it. Having to reduce my caloric intake was just not worth it. I'm currently 135.5 after having been at 138ish for the longish time. Am working on getting down to 132.

Keep doing what you're doing because you're doing great!
  • daintycravings
    daintycravings Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm the same way. I'm 18 years old and I'm always scared to weigh myself, although I weigh in every day. I'm 5'11" and 138 pounds and I just want to lose a little weight and then maintain. It frustrates me when my weight fluctuates day to day.
  • kalchthaleri
    kalchthaleri Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your support and kindness! I am so thankful for this community. It really is a daily struggle, you know? But it really helps to have support on the way! :) Bless you all on your own journeys!
  • jrwms714
    jrwms714 Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily ... and I can tell you that sometimes my weight can fluctuate if I step on the scale one minute and then go back and it weighs something else the next minute. So I do one weigh in the AM and that's it. One thing that has really helped me is using a weight trending app. I input with Happy Scale and when my real scale says something I don't like, Happy Scale tells me I am still within range. Try that. It really is great.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,555 Member
    Options
    Be concerned if it's 10lbs. A fluctuation of 1-5lbs is NORMAL for just about anyone on consistent weighing.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • Decten1988
    Decten1988 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    very impressive, keep it up.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Well, what happened? OH, I see, you flucked down. Good!
  • nexangelus
    nexangelus Posts: 2,081 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Great job!

For most of us that 2lb "gain" can be just water/glycogen not fat. In one week I doubt you would be packing on 2lbs of fat unless you are seriously overeating. And I mean seriously. Is your maintenance range allowing for this (water, glycogen) increase? I am guessing it is, as it is 7lb range...
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,292 Member
    Options
    maybe not for you, but I found that weighing every day allowed me to divorce my perceptions about weight from a number on the scale - when I see how too much sodium, bad sleep, a heavy workout all affect my weight from day to day it was eye-opening

I'm that way, too. Scale's gonna be up tomorrow because dinner had soy sauce, hacho miso, and fermented chile paste, all delicious sodium bombs ===> water weight up, gone in a day or two, no worries. ;)
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    Damn. I'm 5'4" and have trouble getting to 135 only coming from the 160s. You inspire me.
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    The important thing is to have a plan for when you get out of your range. That way the weigh-in just tells you what part of your plan to exercise.
  • STEVE142142
    STEVE142142 Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your success what you did is unbelievable.

Let me give you my background I was always the fat kid. I'm a 56 year old male six feet four inches tall. January 2016 my starting weight was 288. My current weight is 208 Which I've been maintaining for about 9 months. Your weight will fluctuate from week to week, what you have to do is look at the trend. Also weight is just a number it doesn't reflect who you totally are. You have to look at how your clothing fits and how you look in the mirror. The most important thing is if you can look in the mirror and be happy with yourself that's all that really matters one or two pounds doesn't mean anything.

I'll give you an example when I lost all my weight I went to as low as 204. I bought some clothes then including a new suit. The pants were a 34 inch waist. My current weight is approximately 208 to 210 lbs. The pants are actually a little loose on me now.

I've been lifting a lot and increasing my protein. the additional weight was not fat weight it was muscle weight. I see definition in my shoulders my arms and especially my chest so some weight gain can be considered healthy and good.
  • Cute_White_Pink_Purple_Foxxx
    Options
    You're not alone, I'm the exact same way. Every time I step on that scale I get butterflies. Usually followed by either a huge feeling of relief, (if I lost) a feeling of disappointment, (if I stayed the same) or despair (if I gained).

Congrats on losing all that weight, BTW. That is an incredible achievement that you should be extremely proud of. :)