Need some advice/ideas on what to do differently

Options
124»

Replies

• Rusty740
    Rusty740 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    I calculated and averaged out all my calories each month to see why I'm not losing. I'm eating too many calories. Plain and simple.
    I appreciate everyone's input.

Awesome!! Good work :)
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    Rusty740 wrote: »
    Luna3386 wrote: »
    Track everything you put in your mouth, gum, diet soda, coffee, tea and any additives. Be honest, not tracking something because it seems inconsequential is only going to delay your results. The goals tool within MFP are pretty good. Your diary is for you to help you figure out what works and doesn't work for you. Don't share you diary with everyone, just people who will really be able to help you or with whom you really want to share. Don't let others judgement of your diary derail you. It is easy for people to say you shouldn't eat something, but you have to be the one to decide when removing something from your diet is right for you. I have been tracking since about January faithfully and I have lost 20 lbs. I am amazed at how my food choices have changed and even more amazing is how when I eat something I used to think I would never give up, I don't even like any more.
    For example, I used to love chips, especially bbq and sour cream & onion type chips. I had a handful the other day and afterwards I was wishing I just eaten some strawberries.

Thank you for your input (I don't plan on opening my dairy) :wink:

You asked for help, we are just trying to help.

Yup, it's ok if you don't want to open your diary, just say so :) We're cool with that. Just trying to identify the right way to find where CI<CO is turning into CI>CO. Most of us look to food logging first because that's where we've found success. Try not to get too caught up in niche ways of losing, they're just different paths to the same thing, calories in and calories out. Gotta keep the main thing the main thing. :)

agreed, but also don't eat all of your calories in debbie cakes or chips. :)

Who does this? In a couple of years of looking at food diaries, I've never once seen someone log a day that was all snack cakes or potato chips.

I don't even know how you even got that from the post you're responding to.

"Accurate food logging can lead to success" doesn't equal "You will be cool eating just potato chips."

You've clearly never looked st my diary
  • Sheisinlove109
    Sheisinlove109 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't trust the Fitbit that much. Are you double logging? Mean does it read you've burned xyz then you are manually adding exercise? My garmin automatically did that. Took me a while to figure out.

Log accurately?
  • angelaypolite
    angelaypolite Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    sunsweet77 wrote: »
    I wouldn't trust the Fitbit that much. Are you double logging? Mean does it read you've burned xyz then you are manually adding exercise? My garmin automatically did that. Took me a while to figure out.

Log accurately?

I think it's a mix of the Fitbit over estimating and eating too many calories, based on that estimate (1700-2000 calories). The month that I lost weight, I ate an daily average of 1600 calories, so I'm going back to that.