anyone from Northern Oregon?

Options
I'm wondering if anyone is from my area that would like to team up to lose weight? All my friends are either too busy or too lazy, my husband works long hours, and my children are too young to really work out with me. I feel like I would do better with someone to be accountable to (for instance, someone waiting at the park for me would make me get up and go, not sit on the computer drinking coffee, or rearranging furniture....)

Replies

• Kinda79
    Kinda79 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    What part of Northern Oregon? I live in La Grande. But you know even walking by yourself isn't so bad. I like to plan Wii dates or walking dates online. We all plan to go walking at a certain time and then when we get back we log in and cheer each other on. I'm usually on the Wii anywhere from 7-8 am and just starting walking at night. Course I earned myself some awesome blisters last night because I walked to far. lol Oh well I burned almost 800 calories so I'm not complaining. Feel free to add if you want some motivation from a fellow Oregonian. :)
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,286 Member
    Options
    I'm in Salem, I haven't lived here very long, I'm from California. It is hard to get outside in Oregon!!! the rain and the allergies!! I take my dog with me tot he park, but honestly he never complains if I take too long doing laundry and then don't have time to go.....hah
  • Jennloella
    Options
    bump
  • coolsmartygirl
    coolsmartygirl Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I live in the Portland Metro area, I've got around three work out buddies, but they all flake on me at the same time..
  • randisaucier
    randisaucier Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I am just outside of Salem in Sheridan (about 22 miles west). I have two children one age 9 and the other about to be 7 months. I am currently a nursing student at MHCC in Gresham and a stay at home mom the rest of the time. I have been on my journey since November when I had my son, so far I am down 49 pounds but still need to lose quite a bit more. I would love to be your support buddy!
  • Jennloella
    Options
    smarty girl: thats my problem is no one will actually commit to anything, so I kinda take it as permission to slack!
    Randi: I also have two boys, 9 and 5. I'm in school part time and work part time, my husband works in Portland, once you add in his commute time he's gone about 13 hours a day!! the last thing he wants to do when he gets home is work out!!!
  • coolsmartygirl
    coolsmartygirl Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I use it as an excuse, like well they don't want to work out so I won't. But I have decided to try to do the 30 day shred when I do not get to work out at the gym or do something like that. My boyfriend use to work out a lot before we were together, now he just enjoys his food. So he isn't someone I can count on to work out with. It sounds like I have two more work out buddies in the mix perhaps starting within a week. We'll see how that goes...

Anyone having nice weather? We have like one day a week or so.
  • luigigirl
    luigigirl Posts: 21
    Options
    Hello. I live in Salem and we moved here from California about three years ago. I have a 17 month old and am doing the Monarch Medical Program Diet. I don't really work out, I like to walk in the evenings with my son. If you ever want a walking buddy...or some local encouragement..add me.