32 years old and must loose 45kg

I looked at myself in the mirror last night and thought I look like crap. How could I have let myself loose control like this??? I felt embarrassed by looking at myself seeing each curve on my body.... That makes me really emotional. But my new journey is starting now I just have to remind myself constantly that I don't have to be great to start I have to start to be great. I can do this. Wish me luck!!!!

Replies

• Baggyd
    Baggyd Posts: 8 Member
    Remember to take it one day at a time, and be kind to yourself.
  • voxdraconis
    voxdraconis Posts: 4 Member
    First off u never look as bad as u think u do so try not to beat ursel up. Second ive found if u try to jump in at deep end u drown in the lack of freedom and change of lifestyle so make minor changes first. Fir example fizzy juice (soda) has so much sugar its like sabotage. So in this example u continue to eat as u are but give up soda. Believe me that was ma first goal and i started losin weight fast. Now tht may no work for u bt same logic applies. If its choclate, cake, watever. Tryin to change ur life over night will fail down the line, but gradualy changin it piece by piece u wont really notice and in turn lose weight dispite ursel. If u need any other ideas let me kno, bt gd luck x
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,129 Member
    edited June 2017
    Good luck with your weight loss.

A great start is getting yourself a food scale, it's amazing how much we can underestimate our food intake.
    Enter your stats honestly and accurately into MFP and log what you normally eat for a day or two, see where you are taking in extra calories and make small sustainable changes to get down to your calorie allowance that MFP suggests, this can be done in the following ways (not an exhaustive list, but a good starting point) :
    • Reducing portion sizes (such as having treat size chocolate bars instead of a large bar)
    • Substituting Higher Calorie Foods for Lower Calorie versions (such as switching from soda to diet soda/water)
    • Changing cooking methods (such as switching from deep fried food to grilled or baked)
    • Managing emotional or boredom eating and finding an alternative coping method
  • Lizbethweat31
    Lizbethweat31 Posts: 20 Member
    Girl ur face is beautiful. I'm like u. I have bad body dismorphia. When I look in the mirror I see awful things...but I just started to take my body back....take my body back from the jello....changing fatitude...we got this.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,489 Member
    I looked at myself in the mirror last night and thought I look like crap. How could I have let myself loose control like this??? I felt embarrassed by looking at myself seeing each curve on my body.... That makes me really emotional. But my new journey is starting now I just have to remind myself constantly that I don't have to be great to start I have to start to be great. I can do this. Wish me luck!!!!
    No LUCK needed. Just have a plan of action and stick to it.

1. Write it down and keep records (daily if possible)
    Goal
    Milestones
    Daily schedule
    Month to month schedule
    Research to go to if you need help

2. Be specific in your planning
    Know how you're going to achieve your goal
    Set achievable way to do it
    Implement plan consistently

3. Set measurable milestones
    It may be weight loss per week (though it's not linear), it may be how much weight you can lift,
    how far you want to run by then, what your clothing size is, etc. Don't get overzealous though.

4. Schedule how your day goes
    If exercise is going to be part of it, MAKE A SPECIFIC TIME for it. Same with sleep, work, and
    time with family or hobbies.

5. Put timelines on everything.
    Don't lollygag on something like watching TV too long. It's easy to get lazy if one spends too much
    time on not doing something conducive towards their goal.

6. Celebrate your successes
    Small ones matter and help create confidence on other harder goals.

7. Know that there will be obstacles and deterrences and have a back up plan
    Things aren't always in your control, so have options available in case this does happen. My kid
    hasn't stayed home sick for a long time (almost 5 years now), but I do have a plan set aside if she
    does. Same with party invitationals and eating out.

8. Don't stop till you make it!
    If you follow your plan consistently, you should reach your goal. Even if you don't meet it at the
    proposed timeline, DON'T STOP till you do!

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • smn888
    smn888 Posts: 50 Member
    I actually found with my scale that I could eat more because I was underestimating.

Anyhow... what works for me is chicken, eggs and peanut butter on whole wheat. I eat other stuff too... but the chicken and eggs especially are low cals and very filling. I'm at about 45 days now... lost 15 lbs... and the only changes I have made is to reduce my calorie intake to be under my BMR. I've been to 3-4 birthdays and fathers day... so 1 cheat day every 10 days avg lol... and its still working because on average I'm meeting my daily goals.
  • kimothy38
    kimothy38 Posts: 840 Member
    I've lost 40kg before - it can be done. Age is on your side. Whatever eating plan u follow just be consistent & you'll get there. Best of luck.
  • littlebrownbat3
    littlebrownbat3 Posts: 54 Member
    smn888 wrote: »
    I actually found with my scale that I could eat more because I underestimated
    f

I found this to be the case with cheese!
  • ironjay37
    ironjay37 Posts: 136 Member
    You can do this