Strength Training Exercises Listed?

Options
MiriF
MiriF Posts: 21 Member
Hi all - I am new to MFP! (Joined today, actually!)

Just a quick question for those more experienced -- in the exercise area, under the strength training options is there a way to see what the exercise looks like? I am not always recognizing the names used and was wondering if there is a way to confirm which exercise is which.

I am thinking if there is no way to check it, it doesn't matter so long as I am consistent with what I choose to represent the exercise, right? (because these cals are not counted)

ETA: thanks in advance for any help!

Replies

• sethmoye
    sethmoye Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    No, it doesn't show you the exercises. If you have an android, or are doing all this through a computer I highly suggest using the JEFIT app in addition to My Fitness Pal. You can create workout routines and has exercise demos.
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    search online. there are plenty of great resources out there. it probably wouldn't be as complete/robust if they tried to copy and summarize the info here.
  • MiriF
    Options
    Thanks for the info!
  • Hoteffinmess
    Hoteffinmess Posts: 121
    Options
    I use bodybuilder.com for strength training exercises. They tell you how to do it and use pics and videos as well.
  • MiriF
    Options
    Yep - that's what I figured, just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything. Thank you!
  • Kolohe71
    Kolohe71 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    FYI, There is a strength training catagory under the Cardio section. Adding the total time there will give you the exercise credit. However, be warned that the credit given is extremely generic and will vary greatly depending on intensity, reps, sets completed and rest duration between exercises. To get around this, I wear a HRM to calculate my calorie burn and then adjust the time on MFP so that the calories are equal to what I actually burned.

For illustrations and/or animations of the exercises, check out bodybuilding.com. They have a really good library and most of them have tutorials with video or animations.