Eid

Options
Dear friends , eid is coming up
I need diet plan that allows me to eat biryani and dessert. I have started brisk walking daily for 30 minutes --would like u to suggest home exercise for better wt loss.I am working lady with sedentary job.pl guide. Thanks.

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    It's just one day, right? I would enjoy the holiday with your loved ones and then get back on board with weight loss after it ends.
  • janjunie
    janjunie Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »
    It's just one day, right? I would enjoy the holiday with your loved ones and then get back on board with weight loss after it ends.

No, Eid al Fitr is 3 days, can't wait. I have one big lunch and one big dinner planned on two different days. Lol what calorie goal? I'm full on celebrating.
  • janjunie
    janjunie Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    nida7902 wrote: »
    Dear friends , eid is coming up
    I need diet plan that allows me to eat biryani and dessert. I have started brisk walking daily for 30 minutes --would like u to suggest home exercise for better wt loss.I am working lady with sedentary job.pl guide. Thanks.

Go into maintenance during Eid if you must. Dieting during a holiday is no fun. You can eat biryani and dessert just watch your portions and weigh them if you can (this might be awkward if you are visiting someone). One day of extra exercise is not going to offset going over your calories, so just enjoy the holiday.
  • betterwhenimdancin
    betterwhenimdancin Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    The key is portion control, which is hard if you have an over zealous host. My in laws are Pakistani and whenever we go to their friends or families houses there is a lot of food. I try to fill half my plate with vegetable dishes and only take about a tablespoon of dishes that looked oily, creamy, or deep fried. I always made sure to have a taste of each dish to be a good guest. For dessert I'd fill my plate with fresh fruit and take a bite sized piece of each dessert. Hopefully that should help prevent you from gaining weight during Eid events. I suggest reading some posts on calorie counting so you can start serious weight loss afterward.
  • sansob
    sansob Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Yesssss! Enjoy the holiday! You deserve it! I'm going to drown myself in sheer khorma! (Add me if you want
  • xchocolategirl
    xchocolategirl Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Eat at maintenance for those days, or just eat whatever you want, and get back to your weight loss goals the days afterwords.
    I'm personally okay with gaining 0.5 pounds and enjoy a few days of celebration personally, but to each their own.
  • Muana1005
    Muana1005 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Technically Ramadan should have been your month to lose weight so you can kick back and enjoy eid as it was intended. Friend of mine has used Ramadan to kick start her diet - lost 14 pounds.

Enjoy Eid, return to your diet afterwards.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    janjunie wrote: »
    malibu927 wrote: »

No, Eid al Fitr is 3 days, can't wait. I have one big lunch and one big dinner planned on two different days. Lol what calorie goal? I'm full on celebrating.

Ah, okay. The only Muslim I've ever had in my life is a former manager so I wasn't aware of that part. But yeah, my point still stands.