looking for folks wanting to lose 10 pounds or less....

Options
I would love to start up a challenge!

Looking for people that want to lose the dreaded "last 10 pounds". When you get to this point, weight loss seems to slow down and your calorie intake seems to change. You have to work out harder to get the same burn, yet somewhere during that time you plateau. Trying to lose the dreaded last 10 pounds can be very discouraging, and I have personally found myself on the edge of settling several times. I am in a healthy weight range, do I really need to lose those last 10??? For me, the answer is yes! I am determined to lose these last few pounds as well as become stronger (lose fat, gain muscle). I am super determined to become more toned! I don't want to be "skinny fat".

I haven't pulled together any details for this challenge. I first wanted to see if anyone would be interested! I know I could use the motivation! Any takers????

Replies

• barbiex3
    barbiex3 Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    i want to lose anywhere from another 3-7 pounds =] ! i'm 5'7" 130 as of right now. I want to get down to 127 for sureee.
  • MissMarthaGrace
    MissMarthaGrace Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I've got 8 pounds to [re]lose ~ does that count? If so, I'm in! I certainly need all the motivation I can get at this point!
  • roxiedo
    roxiedo Posts: 154
    Options
    I am on the last 12 pounds, is that close enough?
  • alexia_faith
    alexia_faith Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hi

Im stuck with 9lbs left to go and i cant seem to shift them

would love some help busting past

CW 156

Aiming 147
  • barbiex3
    barbiex3 Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    i want to lose anywhere from another 3-7 pounds =] ! i'm 5'7" 130 as of right now. I want to get down to 127 for sureee.

and actually I know EXACTLY what you are thinking about the "healthy weight". By BMI standards, I've never been "overweight", so I started my journey at a "healthy weight", so it's hard to really know exactly when the stopping point is. The lowest I should go according to BMI is 118-119. I have a tiny frame, but I am decently muscluar, so I think 127ish is a good goal! I know the last 10 are impossible. I never thought I would be able to get down to the weight I am now.
  • crazytxmom
    crazytxmom Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I've got 11 of 53 left to lose. I weigh on Saturday, so I hope to be in the single-digits-to-go group very, very soon. And toning will definately be a focus!
  • brianna626
    brianna626 Posts: 156
    Options
    I am somewhere between 5'4 and 5'5, I am at 130 now and hoping to get to 115-120ish.
  • juliapurpletoes
    juliapurpletoes Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    I've just got a few more myself but then I need to get even busier with the muscle strengthening ! I'm in :flowerforyou:
  • luv_lea
    luv_lea Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    I have about 8 more lbs. to lose. It certainly does slow down!!
  • aneumany
    aneumany Posts: 165 Member
    Options

and actually I know EXACTLY what you are thinking about the "healthy weight". By BMI standards, I've never been "overweight", so I started my journey at a "healthy weight", so it's hard to really know exactly when the stopping point is. The lowest I should go according to BMI is 118-119. I have a tiny frame, but I am decently muscluar, so I think 127ish is a good goal! I know the last 10 are impossible. I never thought I would be able to get down to the weight I am now.

yea i think u look awesome, id LOVE to kno what uve done to get where u are now.. im 5'8 138 and i feel like no matter wat i do i can never get below 137... its so frustrating! id love to be at 130!
  • jrueckert
    jrueckert Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I am 5'8" and at 139 right now. I want to get to 130 - so I'm in!
  • naku
    naku Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I'm on my last 4.6lb...

Taking it easy though, not even logging anymore... but slowly I still seem to be getting closer to my goal. To be honest I'm this stress free as I'm quite happy with my body already and I know for a fact that I wont get to my goal next month as I'm going on a long holiday. Mainly hoping not to gain!
    But maybe in October I will finally reach 60kg.

:)
  • thetrishwarp
    thetrishwarp Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    I need to lose 7lbs to be in a healthy weight range, 10lbs to goal before I re-evaluate :)
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    I'm in!!!!

I'm 5'5 1/2 and currently at 129.8. My goal is around 125....it might be alittle too light (I have a medium frame) so I am just trying to feel comfortable with myself, at this point. I was down to 128 until about 1mth ago.
    I'm currently doing the 30day shred and I also go to the gym for 45-60mins 6days a week. I was doing yoga 3-4days a week until I started the 30DS and I really look forward to getting back to it.
  • jalysons
    jalysons Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Me too, I would be happy with 7-10 lbs.
  • emmajane_2288
    emmajane_2288 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat,

I started my journey at 154lbs, which is according to BMI a healthy weight for my height (5"6) however I would love to get down to around 135lbs.

I am currently around 147, and have been hovering around this number for about 4 weeks. Its taken me 9 weeks to lose 7-8lbs, I hoped my weight loss wouldve been a bit quicker than that!

I have just started the 30DS because of the reviews on MFP. I am currently on day 3, so Im hoping this will help me see the results im looking for!

Dont quite no what im doing wrong, but I have started eating more fish and less carbs, which hopefully will help!
  • srwilliams3
    Options
    ME! ME! I need some support/healthy competition!! I need to lose 10 pounds :)
  • melissa1217
    melissa1217 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm in! These last few pounds seem so much harder to get rid of!
    I'm currently at 138 and want to get down to 127-129 range.
  • nickikole1
    nickikole1 Posts: 21
    Options
    I'm all about it! I need something to motivate me to get down to 150. (I'm at 160 now.) By BMI standards, I'm at the top of the healthy range and would like to be somewhere in the middle.
  • bprague
    bprague Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I'm just under 5'5" and at 130. I want to get rid of 10-15 pounds so bad, but they are sticking like glue! I've never had a big weight loss, so I'm just steadily here- at 130. >.< They are going away.

Out of curiosity, how long does it take everyone here to lose a pound this close to their goal weight? It took me about a month and a half to lose a pound, but I expect this is longer than usual.