What are you doing differently this time?

Getfit0720
Getfit0720 Posts: 17 Member
I have jumped on and off of the fitness wagon for two years. I am wondering what I could do differently this go around. I have started with a cup of green tea in the morning, drinking two full glasses of water before each meal and just upping my water intake in general. Also staying completely out of the kitchen when I'm bored. I also am not eating after 7:00pm anymore. Hopefully this will all become a habit that leads to a healthy lifestyle. What are you guys doing? What has you so determined to meet your goals this time?

Replies

• gearhead426hemi
    gearhead426hemi Posts: 919 Member
    I have found that it keeps me focused to train for something specific. I just did a 30 mile mountain bike race that I trained for 6 months for. Was the most difficult race I have ever competed in. I like to change up my workouts on a weekly basis as well. I try to never work the same muscle or complete the same workout in a week. I change the reps and sets depending on how I feel that day. Some days I do 4 sets 10-15 reps some days 3 sets 20 reps. Yesterday I did 100 reps for time. Keep changing it up so you don't get bored.
  • Getfit0720
    Getfit0720 Posts: 17 Member
    I know what you mean about the binge eating/calorie saving thing. That was me. I now try to make breakfast the bigger meal although I really don't like breakfast
  • mom2kateRH
    mom2kateRH Posts: 178 Member
    yes, it is hard sometimes. And I got really nervous at first, because I thought I was eating too much. But it really has helped me. Good luck!
  • meg_mindbody
    meg_mindbody Posts: 23 Member
    This time around I'm focusing on logging everything I eat. Before I wasn't doing it consistently at all, and though I was working out, I was likely just consuming all the calories I burned, and more, by mindlessly eating. I didn't think it could hurt me, because I was active 2-3 days a week in the gym. But no weight loss has happened for months. Since tracking my calories the past 2 weeks, I've really started to hold myself accountable for what I eat. It's an eye opener. I tracked calories years ago, and went for a short 10 min jog every day. I lost 25lbs while doing that! Feel free to add me for support!!
  • Luna3386
    Luna3386 Posts: 888 Member
    Food scale. It's changed everything.
  • RebekahAnn88
    RebekahAnn88 Posts: 46 Member
    Last time I did the 1200 calories a day thing and didn't get much success at all so this time I am eating whatever mfp suggested 1630 in my case and trying to stay around there and just not eat my exercise burn... seems to be working much more smoothly now
  • smn888
    smn888 Posts: 50 Member
    For me I'm not doing anything different this time.... because this is the first and only time i've actually tried to take my health serious.

I did a bit of research... read a lot of FAQs and posts on MFP here.... and then I just got to it... 45 days in... 15 lbs off... I think I'm off to a great start. It's going a lot easier than I expected so I think what I am doing is sustainable. I hope so anyhow because its going to be a full year before I reach my goal weight.... and of course once I get there I want to stay there.
  • TnZMom
    TnZMom Posts: 222 Member
    I am weighing myself every day. I downloaded Happy Scale and it is motivating to do well every day so that the next day I can record my weight, and see that even if there are minor fluctuations, there still is a downward trend. I used to get frustrated weighing myself weekly because due to minor fluctuations in hormones/water/digestion the scale might be up on the particular day I weighed myself. Weighing every day has made me a lot less anxious about feeling like I always have to record a lower weight or else I've messed up.
  • busyPK
    busyPK Posts: 3,788 Member
    I am in a similar boat - on and off fitness/weight loss journey for 2 years. What is helping right now are a couple close people on here holding me accountable/motivating me. I also allow myself to enjoy the same foods as before but less quantity. I will not stress if I go over my calories one day a week or beat myself up over it (like I use to then "give up" and stop logging).
  • No_Knock
    No_Knock Posts: 52 Member
    Getfit0720 wrote: »
    I have jumped on and off of the fitness wagon for two years. I am wondering what I could do differently this go around. I have started with a cup of green tea in the morning, drinking two full glasses of water before each meal and just upping my water intake in general. Also staying completely out of the kitchen when I'm bored. I also am not eating after 7:00pm anymore. Hopefully this will all become a habit that leads to a healthy lifestyle. What are you guys doing? What has you so determined to meet your goals this time?

Honestly, writing down how your feeling might help. It sounds a little funny, but for me, I found that I writing down what was on my mind helped me feel more in control. I had a better organization of some of my thoughts and felt a little more accountable to myself.
  • Geocitiesuser
    Geocitiesuser Posts: 1,429 Member
    The big difference for me this time is I've dedicated myself to a sport beyond just weight lifting. It keeps me accountable for the long term. If my fitness slips, it becomes immediately apparent in a way that pushes me to correct course.
  • mcsemike99
    mcsemike99 Posts: 1 Member
    I'm being much more consistent in logging my food. NO Matter what I eat, put it in the log. It is helping me to really see what foods are running the numbers up and which foods I could substitute (and eat more of) to keep the numbers in line. I try to limit my carbs, but don't count fruit against myself. So far it is paying off.
  • DazzlingKim68
    DazzlingKim68 Posts: 17 Member
    I'm watching my food closer. I also started a 12 week online fitness challenge. I'm in week 4 and feeling stronger but my eating needs work. So I'm back here....again!
  • jamszy
    jamszy Posts: 123 Member
    Taking an active approach to logging, reminders using my Forerunner 935, and enjoying activities outside/inside at a local YMCA.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Food scale and heavy lifting.