Just joined - 55lbs to lose - LC

Options
Jorgie1987
Jorgie1987 Posts: 13 Member
edited June 2017 in Introduce Yourself
Hey, just joined mfp. I have been doing low carb for about a month, I lost 7 pounds in the first two weeks! Then I lost nothing for two weeks despite going to the gym 5 times each week. It dawned on me that as I was only counting carbs, I was easily eating at least 2k calories a day. No wonder I wasn't losing! Anyway I just joined today to help track my calories and hopefully get back to losing weight. Today I am 185lbs, I would like to be 130 lbs by this time next year. Add me and help me be accountable!!

Replies

• NovaSur
    NovaSur Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Adding you. Just starting. Looking to lose 70 lbs while doing low carb!
  • FitWonderChick
    FitWonderChick Posts: 35 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Hi Jorgie! I was 187 earlier this month, and I've lost 6 lbs my first week eating whole foods and doing strength training youtube videos at home. I'd love to add you as a friend and encourage one another! I added a cartoon pic but I'll add my face and be brave. LOL ttys!
  • Jlo1013
    Jlo1013 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I've been using MFP for the better part of six months, but just really joining the community today. Also started the C25K program again. I used to love running but got back out of it. So far so good, W1D2 completed, tomorrow I'll start my third run, and holding myself accountable for what and how I eat feels good actually. I want to drop 50lbs and reach my goal weight of 120 again, which I haven't been in about...12 years.
  • lk031
    lk031 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hey! I don't know how to add people (if someone wants to tell me which obvious button I'm missing, that'd be swell lol) but if you want to add me that'd be great - I think our goals and weight are pretty similar so I'd be grateful to team up on here for encouragement and to cheer each other on!
  • qrenee22
    qrenee22 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I have been looking to looking to get down to 130 myself. I was at 180 in January now I'm done to 168 but I really just started really trying. Add me we can do this together. It's gets hard but you there are others supporting you it gets easier.
  • ironjay37
    ironjay37 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    You can do it
  • Jorgie1987
    Jorgie1987 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thanks girls and guy! I have added everyone, it's great to see people with such similar goals as me as well as people making real progress towards them. Lets do this!
  • allieparkia
    allieparkia Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Always looking for more support and inspiration, feel free to add me!