What are some high calorie healthy foods to help me reach my daily calorie goal?

Options
Some days I'm way under my calorie goal of 1200. I'm having trouble finding high calorie foods that are healthy. Any suggestions?

Replies

• lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,979 Member
    Options
    What does "healthy food" mean to you? People who have trouble reaching a minimal calorie intake often have an overly strict view of what constitutes "healthy food," when, by and large, almost any food that isn't poisonous and doesn't cause an allergic reaction in you and for which you don't have an intolerance can fit into a "healthy diet," which is what you should be pursuing. Any food can become unhealthy if you eat too much of it, even green veggies, if you eat so much that you're too full to eat foods with other nutrients that your body needs. Nutrients your body needs include a sufficient number of calories to avoid burning through lean mass as you loose weight.
  • ksmommy5
    ksmommy5 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I just recently fell in love with roasted garlic hummus. 4 tablespoons was 170 calories and I paired it with 85g of baby carrots and 22g of veggie crackers. Great healthy fats and protein and I am actually satisfied. 270 calories for lunch and I can have a treat if I want. (Im on 1500 but tend to only net between 1200-1300)
  • StephanieOugh2014
    StephanieOugh2014 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Avocado
  • wolfruhn
    wolfruhn Posts: 3,025 Member
    Options
    grass fed butter
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter
  • Muana1005
    Muana1005 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Avocado
    Eggs
    Bananas
    Mango
    Papaya
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Rice, bacon, pizza, beans, full fat yogurt, corn bread, butter, dark meat chicken, pork chops, nuts, dried fruit, granola, tuna, salmon,
  • cs2thecox
    cs2thecox Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    nuts, seeds, avocado
    basically anything with lots of natural fats in its unprocessed form

full fat milk
    heavy cream is also actually ok, as long as it's unsweetened
  • Dvdgzz
    Dvdgzz Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I have trouble keeping one meal under 1k so not sure how you have trouble with 1200. You know you don't need to eat 100% nutrient dense foods 24/7?
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Cheese, a slice of bread with jam or honey, a glass of milk, a handful of nuts.
  • db121215
    db121215 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I wish I had this same problem! My trouble is staying at or below the 1200. I succeed but with diligent efforts.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Ice cream.
  • Luna3386
    Luna3386 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    Are you using a food scale?
  • indiacaitlin
    indiacaitlin Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Nuts/nut butter, greek yogurt with some protein powder stirred in, cheese, lots of stuff really!
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    Like....a ton of things. What do you like? Nuts, nut butter, avocado, hummus (some people don't think it's dense but I do), cooking with oil and butter. Don't know how you struggle to get 1200. I'm on 1380 and feel like I want to punch everyone in the face all the time.
  • 2DUNNY
    2DUNNY Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    bananas are good.
    so are nuts and seeds. or a pint of ice cream :#
  • SadDolt
    SadDolt Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    popcorn