Losing weight

Options
What are the best workouts for losing weight? I've been running a little over 3 miles a day but sometime it's a bit repeatitive so I'm looking for other things to do too.

Replies

• hrdcore80
    hrdcore80 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am 37 lost 35 pounds so far doing t25. Second round of beta. All about core/cardio interval training. Used to go to the gym a lot. Not anymore!
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Are you looking for a higher MET value of workout? A faster calorie burn? A bigger muscle build? It would seem that if you're running 3 miles a day you should be advising us how it's done.
  • RhiAndy11
    RhiAndy11 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    3 miles a day is ALOT. i do this 2 or 3x a week whilst also counting calories and i lose 1 to 2lb a week?!
    how much do you need to lose? x
  • RhiAndy11
    RhiAndy11 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    but i have heard going up and down steps is a good calorie burner
  • Luna3386
    Luna3386 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    I personally wouldn't run 3 miles everyday especially if you are a new runner.

How about a lifting program? It burns calories but also helps shape your body.
  • DebLaBounty
    DebLaBounty Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    I just bought a bike and am enjoying seeing the scenery pass by more than the running I do 3 times a week. It helped me to mix it up and keeps from getting too bored. I also do Zumba classes twice a week (the music keeps me going and watching the instructor change up the moves keeps me engaged) and yoga was a good addition, too. I'd encourage you to keep up the running maybe three times a week, and add something different to your schedule. Zumba and biking get me a solid 60 minutes of cardio and I like how I feel afterwards!