Recommendation for Good Sports Bra

Options
niklong
niklong Posts: 49 Member
REALLY in need of new sports bras. Looking for good quality and support in a 36DDD. Any recommendations?

Replies

• TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    I use an Enell for rebounding - super ugly, but nothing moves.

Moving Comfort get really good reviews.
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    When I shrunk out of my Lane Bryant sports bra, which I loved, I got this one: https://www.wacoal-america.com/sport-underwire-bra-wacoal-855170-p.html. I really like it and I run 2-4 times a week with minimal bounce. Last time I measured, I was a 38DDD, and that's the size I have.
  • busyPK
    busyPK Posts: 3,788 Member
    Options
    I'm a similar size and like the Shock Absorber (bought off Amazon). I jog often and they work great. Be sure to look at the sizing, I believe I had to order up at least 1 size.
  • SonyaCele
    SonyaCele Posts: 2,841 Member
    Options
    i like victoria secret sports bras and under armor. And sometimes i double them up for extra support
  • hist_doc
    hist_doc Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    My favorite is Panache. They're expensive but worth the money--I'm a long distance runner and normally wear a 32G. They're UK-sized so I would buy a 32F.
  • jordyngiulio
    jordyngiulio Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I second the Panache suggestion. They are so worth it. I also have the Freya brand sports bra and it's really good. I am a 32FF/34F depending on the brand.
  • udebear
    udebear Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I wear my normal bra 32h and then squish a crop style top in size 10 over the top. At 32h I've not yet found a sports bra in my size.
  • Misssynth
    Misssynth Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Shock Absorber. I used to be 38FF and am now 36E, I run and they keep everything in place perfectly
  • xmissxamyx
    xmissxamyx Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I put some effort into finding out what kind of sports bra Serena Williams wears while on court. Because she's definitely not what you'd call "petite" so I figured if it can work for her it'll work for me!

She wears Berlei brand (high performance range) I brought one and it's perfect (and actually NOT hideously ugly, like its actually pretty damn awesome looking for a sports bra!)
    It really does stop all movement and it's deadset comfy, I recommend you give it a crack, they're available up to Fcup
  • KellieTru
    KellieTru Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Try Victoria's Secret... I like theirs.
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    I have a 32FF and wear a brand called Anita - I do typically wear a tight top over it, but they've been worn for multiple marathons and triathlons with no issues
  • hist_doc
    hist_doc Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    udebear wrote: »
    I wear my normal bra 32h and then squish a crop style top in size 10 over the top. At 32h I've not yet found a sports bra in my size.

Just FYI, I believe Panache runs up to a 32J (Which is actually larger than a US size J).
  • cecekay19
    cecekay19 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    second for Anita. The new air control bra wicks moisture like a beast and is sexy, too.
  • Mkereluik
    Mkereluik Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    My favourite is from Lole.
  • WendyLeigh1119
    WendyLeigh1119 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Victoria's Secret in "lightweight crisscross" back. I just ordered 2 different styles of these (the crisscross in the front with permanent padding and 1 of the standard fronts with criss cross in the back) and they're like steel even leaping into burpees, lifting weights, awkward pilates positions, etc. I like the criss cross lightweight front version best. Because it's like a cage that no boob can fly out of.

I'm pretty sure all sports wear is still on sale right now, too with free 2 day shipping. The waffle-pattern material washes and dries really well and no "removable pads" to stuff back inside.

In store has a "sport pant plus bra for $50" happening right now, too. Since their pants start at like $70, it's a steal if you prefer in-store shopping.
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Options
    Panache! I am a distance runner and have worn Panache underwire sports bras from size 40DDD to size 32DD. Nothing moves that isn't supposed to be moving. They're great for people who need DD cups or above. They aren't compression bras, so you put them on just like a regular bra, and there's a hook in the back so you can easily convert them between regular and racerback styles. They provide a standard bra shape rather than squishing everything like a compression bra does, if you're interested in how it looks to wear one. They're a little pricey but worth it. I love these bras so much that I started buying Panache regular bras too.

If you'd rather have a compression bra, I wore Moving Comfort before I discovered Panache. But I'd recommend Panache first any day.
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    xmissxamyx wrote: »
    I put some effort into finding out what kind of sports bra Serena Williams wears while on court. Because she's definitely not what you'd call "petite" so I figured if it can work for her it'll work for me!

She wears Berlei brand (high performance range) I brought one and it's perfect (and actually NOT hideously ugly, like its actually pretty damn awesome looking for a sports bra!)
    It really does stop all movement and it's deadset comfy, I recommend you give it a crack, they're available up to Fcup

That's a pretty smart strategy! And hooray for strong, athletic women!
  • kavahni
    kavahni Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I'm looking, too!
    I have 3 questions for you all:
    1) which of these are padding-free? I already run far too hot.
    2) I need no freaking underwires! Any reviews on underwire free?
    3) I can no longer find bras that are long enough from shoulder to under breast. Am I the only woman with this problem?
    Thank you all.
  • DebLaBounty
    DebLaBounty Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Check out Title 9. They have a good website, I bought a couple sports bras I'm happy with, they were true to size. They have a "barbell" rating - the more barbells, the more high performance (less bouncing you'll get). I got the 7 Wonders bra and the Last Resort Bra.
  • MN_22
    MN_22 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Lane Bryant and Freya