Fears

Options
ShortChef
ShortChef Posts: 18 Member
edited June 2017 in Health and Weight Loss
I'm really suggesting these past two days with my diet, I've gone over 2000 calories 200-300 I'm really disappointed in myself cause I know I can lose weight but since I've Christmas I've just gained weight and can't seem to lose weight, my cravings for chocolate for the past two days have just been crazy and now with a family wedding happening to tomorrow I don't dare drink or eat to late cause of what has happened the theses two day, I feel like I'm going to gain more weight

I've been up and down since Christmas I went from a size 8 to a size 10/12 I'm only 5ft 3 and I feel it shows I just feel so big and horrible but I don't know if it's just water weight or not

Replies

• bigmuneymfp
    bigmuneymfp Posts: 2,235 Member
    Options
    It's a long term average
  • brookielaw
    brookielaw Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Weight loss is not linear, even when food and activity are 100% on point. Punishing yourself one day, or several, isn't going to fix a lack of consistency on your part. What change or good habit can you TRULY commit to? Start there and build.

When it comes to those cravings for chocolate, is there any pattern as to when/why? Can you have a small amount and let go? A tiny bit of super dark chocolate may help you move on if you can have it, satisfy the craving, and move on.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    You need to implement a plan, OP. Small sustainable changes to your current habits. Start small - replace one soda or sugary coffee drink per day with water. Once you've ingrained that habit, add another - like a 10 minute walk every day. Once you've ingrained that habit, tackle another. Slow and steady wins this race.
  • ShortChef
    ShortChef Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    You need to implement a plan, OP. Small sustainable changes to your current habits. Start small - replace one soda or sugary coffee drink per day with water. Once you've ingrained that habit, add another - like a 10 minute walk every day. Once you've ingrained that habit, tackle another. Slow and steady wins this race.
    I try to go for a 1hr walk before work
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    How big a deal has this wedding been for you? Has it upended your whole life? It may become much easier to mindfully manage your well-being without that distraction after the weekend. Yea you! You can do it.