100 lb to loose, new to this and lookin for friends.

Options
Hi. I have about 100 lbs to loose. Never tried this before so not entirely sure what I'm doing yet! I had lost about 40 lbs previously. But put it all back on when I had my second baby. I'm looking for friends to share this journey and help motivate me!

Replies

• stainel0413
    stainel0413 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Good morning! Welcome....what an awesome goal! I have about 30 - 40 lbs I'd like to lose and keep off. I've lost weight in the past and became complacent. So, my motto is to "keep starting over until I won't have to start over again!" ;-) I have no set time because for me this is lifestyle change and not a diet. I am type 2 diabetic coupled with hypertension. I want to lose the weight so that I won't have to take the medications anymore. This disease is totally reversible and if I lose the weight I could possibly rid myself of the hypertension medication; at least drastically reduce it.

I wish you and runto130 all the best on your individual journeys. I believe if we support each other, we can all be successful. All the best!
  • sourkate
    sourkate Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi there. 150 to lose and just getting started myself. Right now just concentrating on logging EVERYTHING! One step at a time.
  • CINDYR776
    CINDYR776 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I've never posted before, and I'm relatively new to trying this again. I have 135lbs to lose, and am more determined than ever to do it. I've been tracking my food for almost two weeks, which is huge for me. I'm in Connecticut. Good luck to everyone!
  • bslopez93
    bslopez93 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Just started this 2 days ago so I'm new to it also! I really like it so far though and I love being able to track my calories so I can physically see how much I'm eating! It has helped me so much! I started my weight at 254 the first day and as of today I am down to 251 so this is really helping me not eat as much as I was and watching what I eat! I am excited for this journey! My goal weight is between 170 and 180! We can do this guys!
  • HunnyBunnyKagome
    HunnyBunnyKagome Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I have tried losing weight in the past, but I always became discouraged. I decided to take it seriously this time, and I have my husband's support to not give up. So, I am about 2 1/2 weeks in on trying this again.
    I have about 110 pounds that I need to lose myself. I have given myself multiple goals to help make the process easier. My first is to be under 200 pounds again which I have not been since before college 8 years ago. My next goal is to drop to my early high school weight of 150 pounds. Pounds past that goal will depend on how I feel about my body and health.
    MFP has helped me stay on track. I had already cut soda out of my diet three years ago, but my love for sweet food taunted me. I am watching my fat, sugar, and carb intake daily. In doing so, I have learned to cook so many healthy and tasty things now.
    I don't go to a gym because that has always lead to me giving up. I was told multiple times that I didn't belong there (because of my weight) so I have a fear of going back. To make up for that, I found that dancing makes for a great, yet fun, exercise that I can do at home. I pair that up with walking and swimming for my aerobic and then resistance band exercises for my strength training.
    Lets all encourage one another to not give up and stay motivated! I'm always open for chatting!
  • YAYA_of_2
    YAYA_of_2 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Hello to all of you!!! I have been on mfp for a little over a year. I'm down 48 pounds. Was down 65 before Christmas but holiday food got the best of me and I gained some back. I have struggle to get back on track but I finally am there and more dedicated to my journey than ever.

For those just starting I would suggest to just log all your food for a week. This will give you a great look at how you eat. Then you can adjust your calories and log. Also don't stress a bunch about exercise just yet. You can lose lots without ever exercising. It is all about calories in vs calories out. Get yourself use to the change in your eating habits and then add some exercise.

Another must is a food scale. You can get one under $15. Dose t matter what brand just make sure it has a tare button. Also drink lots and lots of water!!!

Anyone is welcome to send me a friend request. I'm always looking for new friends. You will find out that people come and go very quickly. I log daily and have an open diary.

Good luck to you all!!
  • KickingCurves
    KickingCurves Posts: 1 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Hello I am a new mom again at 43 years old. I am just getting back to cleaning up my act. :) spent the last 2 weeks analyzing what I want. Now to really get things moving again. I am a type 1 diabetic. So my goals are to loose weight, tighten up my core and get my A1c level down. At last check it was roughly 8 during my pregnancy.
  • ThatLadyFromMN
    ThatLadyFromMN Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Hello! :) I've been working on this a while now, about 5 years (slow and steady) and I've lost about 75 lbs, but I'd like to lose 60 more (135 lbs total... WOW). I was stalled for awhile so now I'm trying KETO (low carb, med protein, higher fat), so far it's shaking things up a bit. :) Good luck on your journey, anyone can feel free to add me.
  • quintessential1
    quintessential1 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Salute- never give up for me it has been calorie counting.
  • JustinaMcP
    JustinaMcP Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello! I have a 100 pounds to lose, too, and I can't tell you HOW MANY times I've tried something and stopped for one reason or another. I just re-started My Fitness Pal today and hope to stick with at least tracking my food. I'm getting married in 3 months and had such high hopes that I would be farther along than I am...which is no change from a year ago. I'd love to connect with some of you that are on the same journey!! It's different when you have SO much to lose than those that have 10 pounds to lose. Very different struggle and I'd love to have company for the travels. :)
  • ThatWonderGal
    ThatWonderGal Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I have 160 pounds to go! Feel free to add me :)
  • bellabella1983
    bellabella1983 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Add me
  • orchid568
    orchid568 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    For the majority of my life I weighed 105 lbs. Then I received a letter from my husband that he wanted a divorce. My world plummeted into darkness. I attempted suicide. Unfortunately I did not have enough pills. If I was to live I had to move. My son turned 18 and I abandoned my children. I have a daughter too, in Florida and went to be with my mom in Michigan. My weight got out of control. I tried different weight loss programs and lost some. By the time I was ready to join the working world I had lost a bit of weight. I was stoked. Being on the road with my new job and eating junk food though I blew up. Slowly but surly I gained 108 lbs. A couple of years ago I started using the Beachbody program. When I follow it I lose weight. I really like the workout programs. Unfortunately I am very bad about following the nutrition plan. Now I am 4 weeks away from seeing my second husband's family and I am desperate to lose at least a little bit of weight. I know if I just do the workouts and follow the nutrition plan, I could lose about 10 lbs or more. Did I mention I am on 2 psych drugs that have side effects of weight gain? And we can't take me off the meds cuz bad things happen when we do. Different drugs have been tried but they don't work. I just have to follow the Beachbody nutrition plan.....
  • chelllsea124
    chelllsea124 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I have lost 19, and 36 to go. Feel free to add me!
  • Loulibelle
    Loulibelle Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I have got exactly 100lbs to lose - 243-143lbs. I've joined today although I'm using a membership record I set up years ago and never did anything with - I wish I had! Even getting rid of 50lbs would be life changing.

I am so lucky that at 51, I have no health problems but I feel I am living on borrow time.

I hope I can find the strength to get rid of at least some of the flab.

Please feel free to add me.
  • renaedar
    renaedar Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    I have been active on MFP for511 days and I have been very good with putting my food down. I really started to exercise more last month and I am down14 pounds from 275 my heaviest.
    Please feel free to add me.
  • ldizquierdo
    ldizquierdo Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hello everybody,
    Just to encourage you to continue trying. Don't give up. If you stop it is not going to get better. This is a war, made up of daily battles...what to eat, should go for a walk? or should I watch some more NETFLIX? In my experience, food is addictive and help us forget our pain. I remember being a child and eating all the sweets I could possible chew because all the rejection I faced each day. I am an adult now and need to accept that food is killing me, little by little. I refuse to die from a self-inflicting wound. It is time to stop, take control, accept responsibility, and make a change. My approach works 1200-1600 calories daily, carefully keeping track of it, being honest about what I put in my mouth, and exercise. I should have a deficit each day. This system gives you back the calories you burn with the exercise and kind of give you the chance for you to eat them back. But, what is the point. I ignore that, and stay focus on not eating more than 1600 calories. And even that is too much. Be brave and conquer.