Is it normal to look more toned in the morning?

Options
Ok guys, after weeks of trying and almost giving up the scale moved this past week! Like I mentioned before, prior to losing my one lonesome pound, I was seeing better definition in my abs and arms. But in the morning before I eat anything, I look ripped! Love it, but at the end of the day it's not so apparent. Is this normal? Is the "rip-ness" going to get better as the time and pounds go by? I know it's a rather vain question, but while I've almost always been petite, I've never ever been sort of muscular like this..I don't know what to expect.

Replies

• Lula16
    Lula16 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    i'd like to know also.....
  • yanicka
    yanicka Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    I am the same!!! I look my best in the morning ;)
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
    Options
    I am by no means ripped but I do find I look better in the morning than in the evening, I just chalk it up to eating and a little bit of bloat. Bumping this to find out more
  • spaingirl2011
    spaingirl2011 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    I've noticed that, too. I wonder if it has anything to do with water loss... just a thought!
  • TinaDay1114
    TinaDay1114 Posts: 1,328 Member
    Options
    I am by no means ripped but I do find I look better in the morning than in the evening, I just chalk it up to eating and a little bit of bloat. Bumping this to find out more

Yeah, I think we'd all look like super models if we were photographed just after getting out of bed (before eating, drinking, etc.). OK, maybe not "JUST" getting out of bed... :noway:

I know that you can gain a few lbs. in the morning just by drinking lots of water during your morning workout and stepping on the scale -- I think we're just "empty" after hours of sleep, and we're seeing just pure US. Now if we could just keep that picture in our minds ALL DAY!
  • ronjaa
    ronjaa Posts: 65
    Options
    I'm the same.. Maybe because our tummy is empty than xD
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    I think I look my best (well, body wise...lol) in the morning. I think as the day goes and we eat and drink - we retain water and such so we lose that morning "ripped" look. ;)
  • Loko_Ino
    Loko_Ino Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    When you sleep your body is a hieghtened anabolic state, repairing, and growing. You tend to consume your body proteins and fats during that time. So you look leaner and weigh less in the AM vs. PM. This is why BBers consume slow digesting protein at night, to fuel that growth.
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    yeah, I notice I can lose 4 lbs overnight?! so it might be a dehydration thing, and that might make your muscles a little more visible.
  • musica814
    musica814 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I've noticed this too. I've always just assumed I'm more bloated by the end of the day from eating, and by the next morning it's all digested and what not.
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    This is just my opinion based on what I heard or read in passing some time ago. Essentiially, you're taller in the morning so you look more proportioned. When you sleep (or laying down) your spine and other joints don't have gravity compressing them. They begin to expand. But as the day goes on gravity brings you down and eventually you compress back into place.

Or I could be full of BS. IDK. If someone has done some real research on this feel free to share it.
  • TinaDay1114
    TinaDay1114 Posts: 1,328 Member
    Options
    When you sleep your body is a hieghtened anabolic state, repairing, and growing. You tend to consume your body proteins and fats during that time. So you look leaner and weigh less in the AM vs. PM. This is why BBers consume slow digesting protein at night, to fuel that growth.

Very true.
  • lesliemk
    lesliemk Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Such an interesting thread, thank you for asking this question that I'm always thinking to myself each morning! Everything looks firmer, flatter and more toned in the AM... I need that look ALL DAY LONG though!! Eventually!!
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    I feel I look my best in the morning too (stomachs alot flatter) I'm just assuming this is because I haven't eaten for several hours though and so there's no bloat!
  • sunshine79
    sunshine79 Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    I am by no means ripped but I LOVE how I look in the morning, smaller, firmer. less flabby.I can;t give you can answer but I think many of the previous suggestions may have a ring of truth.