Starting Over... Again...

Options
Deb4224
Deb4224 Posts: 15 Member
Hi everyone. I'm not new to MFP... but, I've had a LOOOooooong hiatus and too many set backs. I've got some pretty good excuses, like a few surgeries and trouble walking the last few years. And, of course, lots of bad excuses. I'm tired of them all. I very much feel like I've been there, done that, and like I need to get off this crazy merry-go-round.

I’ve come to the conclusion that I needs as much help as I can get.

If anyone can relate, please let me know. I’m hoping using MFP, and making some friends on here can help. I’m 50… married with 2 boys (15 and 20yrs old), and have almost 100lbs to lose (UGH)– but, would settle with losing 10 for starters! =)

Replies

• vmccants28
    vmccants28 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    My goal is 100 lbs and it will be one 1lb at a time
  • JustinaMcP
    JustinaMcP Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Oh My Gosh can I relate! I'm back after a Looooong hiatus, too, with not nearly as good of an excuse. With around 100 pounds to lose, too, it feels daunting! I like the idea of 10 pounds at a time. I'm getting married in 3 months (2nd marriage and thrilled to have finally found my soulmate, even if it took me until 44 to do so!) but really saw myself further along in progress than I am, thus re-starting MFP. So disappointed in myself yet I feel determined (again) to get back to a health, fit me!

We can DO this! :)
  • missraven325
    missraven325 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I can relate, I'm also starting all over again! I lost quite a bitof weight on here a while ago, but I've been gone for over a year and have gained it all back! Feel free to add me!
  • karenbama528
    karenbama528 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have been struggling for the past 2 years to lose about 40 lbs. The hardest part is that I have a husband who does not support me at all during this journey. He will sit and eat donuts and pizza and complain if I say I don't want to get pizza for dinner and then I usually wind up giving in and hating myself later. Feel free to add me so I can have like-minded friends on the same journey as me.
  • amshannon84
    amshannon84 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm just getting started again. I'm taking it one day at a time.and I am meal prepping as well as workout prepping. I map out my week and set workouts as appointment times in my appointment book. I'm finding that I like yoga so I incorporate it at least 1x week. Take it one day at a time. I'm with u. Hang in there!
  • jusande
    jusande Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I re-started about the umpteenth time. I am 78 years old and having such a hard time now. With many health problems and surgeries last 2.5 years, I am now not able to walk very good. So, exercise is virtually out of the question, except for stretching with bands everyday, which I do best I can. I always was fat, but being a bicycling and skiing jock in my earlier years, I was able to keep my weight off. Not anymore, the genetics and inactivity have kicked in which is the major part of my problem. Anyway, that being said, I started on May 17th and am doing the Low Carb old Curves diet at 20 carbs a day. (Fabulous easy book) My Fitness Pal is perfect for keying in food and watching those carbs. Got that down quite well. I lost a lb. a day up to 10 lbs. and that was it. Now I have been going up and down, up and down, up, UP and down etc. and staying the same, without cheating. Then my Dr. said I was not eating enough and per the book, you are supposed to do a metabolic tune-up and eat more carbs until you have gained between 3 and 5 lbs. then go back on the 20 carbs per day and then do a maintenance weight loss carb limit of between 40 and 60 carbs a day and expect to lose l lb a week. That has not worked on me. I just continued to go up, up, up. So, am back to 20 carbs a day now and praying that the 4-5 lbs. I put back on will start to come off at a slow rate, but steady. I am not hungry and cravings are totally gone. I eat variety and healthy little quantities, never skipping a meal anymore, but so far, doesn't matter. Sitting at 204 lbs. My present short term goal is to get down below 200. Long term down to about 140.....HA, that would be a miracle. I am not weighing but once a week anymore because I get too discouraged. The positive of this experience so far is that I feel good and my last metabolic panel came back within ranges. YEA! I feel good and a little bit lighter, if it's not my imagination. Clothes an eensy bit looser, I think. If anyone has a sure way to get this bod of mine to lose more weight, would be delighted to hear. I am not a laxative or pill taker like some do. I have to force myself to drink water too. Good luck to all of you. Guess we are in this together, yet all different.
  • tmtres
    tmtres Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Your post is very familiar to my story. I did well keeping weight off that I'd lost about 5 years ago until I had to focus on other people (father' illness and death, buying and selling houses,....). I'm 51 and could do with losing 100 pounds or so. My mom moves into a senior living facility in 2 weeks. At that time I want to be ready to get serious again about me. So I'll be taking this time to do some serious goal setting and planning. I know I definitely need to come here for support more often and get busy logging things again.
  • vmbourg
    vmbourg Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I can relate. I lost 80lbs almost 5 years ago. Running injury and I gained but lost it again through diet. Then pregnancy, bedrest pregnancy.. and gained 50lbs. Now here I am again. I lost almost 20lbs, and have another 20ish to go. My exercise has been on point, but just getting back to the eating on track to really see results. You can do it! We all can do it! My highest weight was 215, lowest weight 130lbs. Currently at 170 but I do a LOT of strength work and wearing an American 8/10. So it's different than my previous 170s.
  • ironjay37
    ironjay37 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Welcome back, you can do this
  • ashblankasaurus
    ashblankasaurus Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I'm about half your age but I can relate to the surgery platform. I had two burst fractures in my vertebrae last August from a cliff diving accident and gained like 25 pounds while I was almost to my goal. Gained it back and then some recovering from the surgery, and just joined MFP again about two weeks ago. Good luck to you!