100 lb to loose, new to this and lookin for friends.

Options
2»

Replies

• jilleebee77
    jilleebee77 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Hello all,

I am not so new, but have RE-started my journey after MANY starts and stops this past February. I too have over 100 lb to lose (120 to be exact for my first initial goal.) I am already down a little over 30 lbs. I have made the commitment to myself that I DO NOT want to come back AGAIN. There have been MANY times I have wanted to give up, turn it "off", and not care. But I can't do that. I have a daughter that has gone through hell and back 3 times since her birth (she is now 10) and I want to be here for her later on in life. I have been told by several doctors if I want to be around, I want to get rid of/alleviate certain medical conditions I HAVE to lose weight. (not as easy as it sounds Doc) I do not deprive myself of ANYTHING, ever! I make conscious decisions now on where I want my calories to go. Is a 400 cal donut really worth it? I would rather have 2 small meals instead.

This time feels different. I have been able to push away and deny the things I used to binge on. I have enjoyed (most days) my workouts and exercise. Where as before I would binge, I would LOATH the fact of even the thought of the gym. What is different? I started small. I did not go ALL IN and rush into this on this time around. I started with walking and tracking EVERYTHING I ate. NO MATTER WHAT. I did not deprive myself. I began to pay attention to protions, what I was eating and when, how certain foods could make/break my day. This helped me to rein in my eating a little more.

As I got stronger with walking I added short toning videos (10-20 min) from youtube for beginners. I worked my way up. I am now starting HIIT workouts and have just completed half of the couch to 5K program. I am still no where NEAR my goal, but am a hell of a lot farther from where I was. One step, even baby steps, forward is better than going back or standing still.

I also have run into weeks where I have worked my behind off and I gain. I no longer beat myself up over it. I WILL NOT let the number define me. Take measurements!! When I do feel down over no loss or the number begins to bother me (it's easier said than done to not let it rule you on occasion) I re-measure. I have lost a total of 25 inches off on my body. 2 FEET!! Being able to see this progress as well was MORE than motivation it was invigorating! It has brought me out of a slump I was recently in. I highly suggest before photos as well. I know, I hate the camera too! But they are worth it!

You are worth it! You can do this! Just keep moving forward. If you have an off meal, MOVE ON! Do not allow it to ruin your whole day. Start over RIGHT THERE! and LOG IT. DO NOT beat yourself up EVER!
  • bravis113
    bravis113 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    anyone here please feel free to add me. I need to lose about 120 and I've tried so many different things in the past now I'm trying good ole fashion will power and motivation. This is a lifestyle change not a quick fix and everyone can always use more motivational people on their team, right?
  • ireallylikemuffins
    ireallylikemuffins Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Oh! I've added, um, everyone in this thread. Anyone else, feel free to add me! I want to lose 40lbs by the end of the year, and that will make me happy.

I've fallen off the bandwagon before, and I'm just going to keep trying. It truly is a lifestyle change, for life! And we can do it together! If you need a friend to laugh with and encourage you, add me! I love helping people, even though I'm no expert. I'm full of humor and heart. :smile:
  • sharonajo
    sharonajo Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have 130 pounds to lose. I am 44 and my first goal is to lose 40 pounds by the time I am 45 in October. I have lost 8 so far, but I am starting to backslide with my food tracking, so I am looking for others in the same boat to support each other. I have tried to lose this weight over and over but I always end up heavier than before. Not this time! I have joined a gym program that is just for people who need to lose at least 50 pounds, and that is getting me 30 minutes of personal training 3 days a week. It comes down to controlling what I put in my mouth. Looking for friends to add.
  • Brandi92809
    Brandi92809 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Hello! I have 100 pounds to lose. I am 29 years old. I have been trying to "have a healthy lifestyle" for 8 years off and on. Maybe this time is the charm ^_^
  • QUEENxo1992
    QUEENxo1992 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    200+ lbs to lose. High I know. Don't know how I let it get so out of control. Feel free to add me, I'll be here a while :) and I'm very driven!
  • awildwomanatheart
    Options
    I'm right there with you. I've lost 31lbs so far, I've still got 100 to go. SW 262 CW 230 GW 130. Feel free to add me, wishing you all the best!
  • bklyngal72
    bklyngal72 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    200 plus to go but we all got this feel free to add me
  • kaycarre
    kaycarre Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    80 lbs (give or take) left to lose here, down 12 from my highest. All of your stories sound very similar to mine. I've been here before and lost weight but gained it all back, plus some. But this is it. I'm done back sliding and have no plans to quit again. I am on mobile right now so I can't send requests but anyone can feel free to add me. I would love to support you all in your endeavors to lose weight and improve your health.
  • Iamsimpleguy
    Iamsimpleguy Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP, You can do this, All the best!!! Feel free to add me :)
  • keelzamy
    keelzamy Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm hoping to drop 100 also taking me to 145, but aiming at 199 for now.... I've started and stopped so many times since 18 but now at 31 I have aches and pains that I surely shouldn't for another 20 years, I have a 10month old that I want to be able to run around the park with so he is my motivation. Hope you're all getting on well with your journeys
  • mferoli
    mferoli Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Anyone here can add me, I am working on a 100 pound loss myself. Needs all the friends in the fight that I can get!
  • KelGen02
    KelGen02 Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    Hi there... I started back in November 2016 with 95lbs to lose just to get out of the obese BMI and into an overweight BMI. I have since loss 71lbs with 24lbs to go before I hit the OVERWEIGHT BMI... :D:p Charts say I should be 145lbs (high end) for my height. I am not totally sold on that one just yet so I am shooting to get down these last 24lbs and see how I feel and if I want to go for the additional 20 to get to the "CHART" weight I will put a new goal weight in place. When I started I never in my wildest dreams even believed that I would actually stick to it, never mind lose 71lbs. I have taken it day by day and have completely changed my lifestyle. Feel free to add me if you are looking for more friends. I log in daily, my diary is open to my friends and I am very active within my friends list. The support here is amazing!!! Be true to yourself, set attainable goals, log your meals and get your body moving (a simple walk does wonders)... Good luck!!