Converting calories in MFP to weight watcher points

Options
Hi
Does anyone know if you can convert your diary to weight watcher points? I don't want to track twice but think weight watchers may be easier

Replies

• estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    From what I understand, WW's points are only loosely grounded in calories under their current program. Foods they deem healthy have lower point values than foods they consider unhealthy, even if the caloric values are comparable.

(Going back a number of years, you were on decent ground if you assumed 1 pt=50 calories. They'd give you extra calories on high-fiber foods, but it was a handy rule of thumb. This is no longer true with the current program.)
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    WW isn't easier. There's no correlation between calories and points anymore. It's all "good" foods and "bad" foods now - which is a really bad habit to get into. Much easier to say hey I have 400 calories left today - I can eat whatever foods I enjoy to fill those calories for example than to say her I have 4 points left - if I eat 100 calories of chocolate that's 12 points (or whatever) but if I eat 100 calories of chicken that's 4 points but if I eat 100 calories of fruit that's no points (and I'm totally making up point values - but that's pretty much how it goes). WW might be easier if you only want to eat chicken and veggies.... other than that you're punished for whatever they decide is unhealthy.
  • carolynstensrud1
    carolynstensrud1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, thank you for the insight! What I was asking for is if I have an egg and it's 78 calories mfp would log as 78 but then it would show 2 points as well you know what I mean?
  • stu7397
    stu7397 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Much easier to say hey I have 400 calories left today - I can eat whatever foods I enjoy to fill those calories

I thought this was how it worked, glad to see my initial thoughts were confirmed (either that or we're both wrong). I did think about that Slimming World / Weightwatchers thing, but it looked too complicated.

I get an "allowance" of 1500 calories on MFP, and I can fill it however I want. Over the past week I have had fried chicken, spicy wings, chips and baked potatoes swimming in butter. Can hardly believe it works but it does - lost 11lbs so far. It's important to be religious about recording things though and staying under the calorie limit.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Hi everyone, thank you for the insight! What I was asking for is if I have an egg and it's 78 calories mfp would log as 78 but then it would show 2 points as well you know what I mean?

WW is proprietary...no way in hell.

Beyond that, the points don't directly correlate to any particular calorie count...they inflate points for "bad" food and deflate points for "good" food...they have no calorie basis.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options

Weight Watchers wants you to pay for their service - Weight Watchers wants you to pay for their website. They are not about to allow MFP to use anything of theirs for free, so no you can't used MFP for Weight Watchers points.

Eggs = "good" ......calories = points

Bread = "bad".....takes the calories and double the points.

This won't work (anymore).