Girly Question....... Ladies?

Options

Replies

• annacataldo
    annacataldo Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    no, i lose the most during my TOM; but right before I struggle with gaining/losing same 2-3lbs over and over agian for 2weeks; then lose about 6lbs every time during TOM, and generally lose a decent amount the week after as well.
  • Xaspar
    Xaspar Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    Oh YES! sometimes as much as 5 POUNDS! -OVERNIGHT!- in the day or two preceeding, and the extra weight hangs out until the third or fourth day of the cycle, then I miraculously lose it all overnight and end up right back where I was the few days before. The BEST part for me is that my cycles are pretty close together (21 days from start to start with only two weeks in between) so I get to gain all that weight sometimes more than once a month! (twice in June and twice in July so far!) JOY!
  • alynnbennett
    alynnbennett Posts: 182
    Options
    Yes about 5 to 7 pounds! It's horrible!!!
  • tmiqueen
    tmiqueen Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I gain between 2-5 lbs one week out of the month. I rarely even step on the scale the week before I'm due to get my period, lest I get discouraged.
  • seriousaboutlife
    seriousaboutlife Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I must be in the minority. I usually have good losses that week. Of course, I don't allow myself to give into cravings and I still workout. I have found that a good workout helps with cravings as well as cramps.

ME TOO!!! I lose. strange!!!
  • Lula16
    Lula16 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    Sometimes as much as 5 pounds!!! Usually the scale goes up right before I start and then once I am actually on it it goes down. But ALL I want to do is eat. I am having that struggle today, actually!!! Food is consuming ALL of my thoughts today!!!

try snacking on small protein/energy bars. they will fill you up. same here, i get the munchies baddd but my cravings are always the same...... butter popcorn with garlic salt and valentina hot sauce!
  • miseryhead75
    miseryhead75 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    This last month, I lost during TOM, however I gained 2 lbs during ovulation, and then lost it. Anyone had any experience with this?
  • Jsnbabb1
    Jsnbabb1 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    YEP!:mad: :grumble: :explode:

My feelings exactly!

i totally agree! Currently going through that right now lol....with a daughter running a fever and crying...*sigh*
  • quitmakingexcuses
    quitmakingexcuses Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    I usually do, and I'm on mine now but I weighed in anyways and lost 1.4 lbs! So I suppose we will see if that can continue :)
  • Elixandra
    Elixandra Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    This last month, I lost during TOM, however I gained 2 lbs during ovulation, and then lost it. Anyone had any experience with this?

Thats where I seem to gain my most. Probly from cravings and I super bloat then.
  • jea1668
    jea1668 Posts: 32
    Options
    ohhh yes lol! 2-5lbs of water weight as well! all i can say is drink water water water!!!! and by about 3 days post your TOM (time of the month!) it usually is all off again! If you stuck to working out and eating right you could also lose more than you gained during TOM. Not a ton but i can still lose a pound during TOM if i stick to my guns! but boy its hard!
  • montana_girl
    montana_girl Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    Sometimes yes, sometimes no... And I think on the months I do gain during TOM, it's because I'm eating more junk food than I normally do! LOL
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    YEP!:mad: :grumble: :explode:

My feelings exactly!

bwahahaha! Same here!
  • kjpollard
    kjpollard Posts: 68
    Options
    Yep...when I told my husband this, he was like, man, that sucks. :ohwell:
  • lesliemk
    lesliemk Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I definitely don't lose any!!! But I haven't gained this week either. I think it's b/c I've been really on top of my diet (ie. no salt or sugar), but that's not always the case. I can be up 2lbs the first day or two, but it usually goes away along w/ that bloated feeling. Ugh! My periods have actually been a lot more manageable now that I work out and eat right--it makes a difference in everything you do!
  • Fit4_Life
    Fit4_Life Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    Yes, and I get the munchies. :-(
  • Jenny56dreams
    Jenny56dreams Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Nice to know I'm not alone lol:wink:
  • kmcgrath1
    kmcgrath1 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I must be messed up then...I always gain the week before! The week I get it my weight drops right back down. So I guess all my bloating happens prior!
  • swiftfox82
    swiftfox82 Posts: 69
    Options
    I have never gained weight at that time but then again every one is different it probably depends on hormones
  • swiftfox82
    swiftfox82 Posts: 69
    Options
    I never get bloated thats prob what it is just water weight always drink 8 ounces per 25 pounds that you weigh and add an additional 8 for each 25 that you want to lose