Walked 44 miles since Sunday!

Options
Had a lovely week off work this week and walked my feet off! Only took Wednesday off to see the doctor and loved every minute of my walking.

It has seriously helped me lose weight throughout my diet and has been so good for my mind!

I love walking and where I used to just do a mile or two I'm now doing between 5-10 miles when I walk! This week I've walked 44 miles since Sunday and will miss my walks when I go back to work Monday! But on the up side it's officially summer and the nights aren't dark till gone 10pm so can still do small walks in the evenings after work xxx

Anybody else have hobbies/exercises they enjoy?

Replies

• firef1y72
    firef1y72 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    I love walking too, took myself off for a lovely 5km walk along the river this afternoon so good for my mental health.

But my thing is more high intensity stuff and anything that challenges me. I might be slow and need to do run/ walk intervals but I love to run and am challenging myself to run further and further distances. I love lifting heavy weights and I love high intensity classes where I'm being challenged to learn and master new moves. And my pt sessions where she always seems to find something new to challenge.
  • firef1y72
    Options
    Oh and wtg on the 44 miles
  • SarahR2412
    SarahR2412 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I have tried to run but bladder issues get in my way! So do short runs normally 1.5 miles normally which is around 15 minutes. My legs don't ache like they used to and my breathing is fine just got to keep at the pelvic floor exercises and get stronger
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    That is great OP! I have put in about the same amount of miles this week as well. Having longer daylight really helps.

I enjoy power walking and it's helping me maintain well. I add in running intervals at times and I do other workouts like lifting and plyometrics throughout the week as well, but the only cardio I do is fast walking.

Keep up the great work!
  • theresa961
    theresa961 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I love walking! I walk around 3-5 miles 3 days a week and go to Orangetheory my favorite exercise addiction! If you love walking check out Everwalk.com. Started by Diana Nyad the woman who swam from Cuba to Florida without stopping. Last October she had a walk from Los Angeles to San Diego. She says sitting is the new smoking but worse. We all need to get up and move!. I did a day walk with them 25 miles from Oceanside to Del Mar. I felt such an accomplishment. This September they are doing New England Boston to Maine. You can do whole thing or one or more days. I am hoping to go out and do a couple of days! I have lost a total of 70 pounds in past year! Congratulations on the 44 miles!!!! Keep it up!
  • SarahR2412
    SarahR2412 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I'm limited to what I can do exercise wise so really enjoy walking. Today I done another 9 and squeezed 10 minutes jogging into my walking. So embarrassed having a bladder problem so can't jog/run for long x xxx
  • DresdenSinn
    DresdenSinn Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Nice job..you got me beat at 41.75mi
  • firef1y72
    Options
    I'm limited to what I can do exercise wise so really enjoy walking. Today I done another 9 and squeezed 10 minutes jogging into my walking. So embarrassed having a bladder problem so can't jog/run for long x xxx

When I started I couldn't go for more than 20 minutes without peeing (6 children does that), so I started taking a she-wee out with me along with making sure I don't drink anything for an hour before I set off, peeing just before I get out the door. I'm not bothered about peeing behind a tree (so much easier once you master the she-wee) but can do 2 hours+ without needing to pee now.