From 175 lbs to 175 lbs...

Replies

• T0M_K
    T0M_K Posts: 7,526 Member
    wow man. that tells a great story. Thanks. You have done amazing for sure. the results don't lie.
  • bluets2011
    bluets2011 Posts: 241 Member
    That's how it should be done!!!! Congratulations
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Nice guns -- well done!
  • richardpkennedy1
    richardpkennedy1 Posts: 1,890 Member
    Impressive! I'm Just a little shorter than you and weigh 141. You look better shirtless though!
  • savalex0808
    savalex0808 Posts: 123 Member
    Inspiring to see a real person, struggle with the same ups and downs of gaining and loosing, and finally win! Gives the rest of us hope it can happen for us too.
  • Piqueaboo
    Piqueaboo Posts: 1,193 Member
    Yes - this. I lost 1.5kg this month but I tightened up enough for someone to say that I lost weight - I didn't, it's the muscle building!
  • Keladelphia
    Keladelphia Posts: 820 Member
    Yessssss!!!! Nice job OP!
  • hippymama22
    hippymama22 Posts: 11 Member
    Yowza! Amazing transformation!
  • jseams1234
    jseams1234 Posts: 1,216 Member
    Awesome transformation. You look fantastic. I like how you stuck with it for five years (and counting). I see so many people who want that 12 week transformation or expect to accomplish what you did in a single bulk cycle... it takes time/commitment.
  • shish90
    shish90 Posts: 2 Member
    Or, "Why the scale doesn't matter" lol

On the left, September of 2012. When I was 175 lbs, fat, and started lifting because I was sick of what I saw in the mirror.
    On the right, June of 2017. Once again at 175 lbs.

I am 5'8" tall. Been as low as 152 and as high as 192. Not yo-yo dieting, just using bulk/cut phases to add muscle and then lean back out for summer. Just a little reminder that if you are obsessed with the scale, you really need to shift your paradigm. My goal was always and still is to get bigger with more muscle. Trust me, I look way better now than I did any time I weighed less than this.

jcufbf22o1ds.jpg

Dude.. That is insane progress! Can I ask what %deficit you were on during your cut and your macro breakdown? This is my second cut I'm on but I can't seem to lose fat, I do cardio and weights 6 times a week and I'm on a 30% deficit with a 40/30/30 P/F/C ratio. I find if I don't do cardio I just don't lose weight at all. But you seem to not do any cardio and you're in unreal shape! I have decent muscle mass but I can't shift the fat, it's so tough!
  • SiegfriedXXL
    SiegfriedXXL Posts: 219 Member
    You look amazing. What a transformation!
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    I am old enough to be your mother's much older sister and I just need to say, DAMN!
  • cbstewart88
    cbstewart88 Posts: 453 Member
    Hubba Hubba. :)
  • djeffreys10
    djeffreys10 Posts: 2,312 Member
    jseams1234 wrote: »
    Awesome transformation. You look fantastic. I like how you stuck with it for five years (and counting). I see so many people who want that 12 week transformation or expect to accomplish what you did in a single bulk cycle... it takes time/commitment.

Everybody wants that magic secret as to how you did it. They're really excited until they hear that the answer is nothing more than time and consistency. Then they're off to search for the next promise of a quick fix. It's sad.
  • djeffreys10
    shish90 wrote: »
    Or, "Why the scale doesn't matter" lol

On the left, September of 2012. When I was 175 lbs, fat, and started lifting because I was sick of what I saw in the mirror.
    On the right, June of 2017. Once again at 175 lbs.

I am 5'8" tall. Been as low as 152 and as high as 192. Not yo-yo dieting, just using bulk/cut phases to add muscle and then lean back out for summer. Just a little reminder that if you are obsessed with the scale, you really need to shift your paradigm. My goal was always and still is to get bigger with more muscle. Trust me, I look way better now than I did any time I weighed less than this.

jcufbf22o1ds.jpg

Dude.. That is insane progress! Can I ask what %deficit you were on during your cut and your macro breakdown? This is my second cut I'm on but I can't seem to lose fat, I do cardio and weights 6 times a week and I'm on a 30% deficit with a 40/30/30 P/F/C ratio. I find if I don't do cardio I just don't lose weight at all. But you seem to not do any cardio and you're in unreal shape! I have decent muscle mass but I can't shift the fat, it's so tough!

I couldn't tell you about a percentage. I generally run a 500-600 calorie a day deficit. 180-200 or so grams of protein a day. Around 100-150 grams of carbs a day. The balance in fat.
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Daaaaaaaaaang.
  • Geocitiesuser
    Geocitiesuser Posts: 1,429 Member
    You're sort of my hero right now OP. I know someone else asked, but anyway you would tell us your age? You're holding a huge amount of lean mass and it's really impressing the hell out of me.
  • buffalogal42
    buffalogal42 Posts: 374 Member
    Amazing - great thread that I hope a lot of people read!
  • djeffreys10
    You're sort of my hero right now OP. I know someone else asked, but anyway you would tell us your age? You're holding a huge amount of lean mass and it's really impressing the hell out of me.

I'm 36
  • Geocitiesuser
    Geocitiesuser Posts: 1,429 Member
    Awesome. We are the same exact age. You're now my unofficial role model and hero.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!