Well - apparently we're all doing it wrong. This explains everything!

Options
2»

Replies

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    *facepalm* these people and the gullible idiots who will believe them.
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    Well, I had a response, but @snickerscharlie beat me to it ;)

@GottaBurnEmAll : Yes, I forgot to credit the eye-rolly brain scan to its amazing source. <3
  • newheavensearth
    newheavensearth Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    I had to do a 3 day fast for a glucose and insulin test. I was hospitalized, no food, no IV nutrition, only limited water, and risk of unconciousness. I was a rip roaring, hangry hot mess and telling off everybody. I needed a Snickers was an understatement.

This nonsense? Just no.
  • spiffychick85
    spiffychick85 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    What's sad is how many people will try and copy them or even twist this and use it to hide eating disorders.
  • Alatariel75
    Options
    What's sad is how many people will try and copy them or even twist this and use it to hide eating disorders.

Sadly accurate.
  • KateTii
    KateTii Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    It's sad that these people are trying to claim this is a thing when there are millions of people starving in the world. If we could live off air, we wouldn't have people starving to death.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    I got the asthma. Can I do this diet?
  • Alatariel75
    Options
    KateTii wrote: »
    It's sad that these people are trying to claim this is a thing when there are millions of people starving in the world. If we could live off air, we wouldn't have people starving to death.

Right? I'm sure they think if all those starving people just aligned their chakras or whatever, they'd be fine.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Who is more exploitative? The con artists promoting this "thing", or the journalist reporting it?

There's been a couple prosecuted infant deaths in Canada recently where the parents followed unconventional medical and nutritional ideas.

Not funny at all.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/lethbridge-meningitis-trial-sentence-parents-toddler-died-1.3650653

http://globalnews.ca/news/3462366/baby-died-from-gluten-free-diet/
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options

Apparently it's only possible if you believe it's possible, otherwise is doesn't work. Paraphrasing what he actually said.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    I hear you amused monkey. I particularly dislike the cognitive trick to blame the victim that it didn't work because they did not believe hard enough.

I am reminded also of a story of a young boy on a medically supervised starvation diet (this was a diabetic treatment pre-insulin) who was held up as a model patient.

But the drive to eat and not die is mighty powerful.

Later investigation revealed that the boy used subterfuge to supplement his diet. Like asking for a canary in his room and stealing its millet.
  • SiegfriedXXL
    SiegfriedXXL Posts: 219 Member
    Options

Apparently it's only possible if you believe it's possible, otherwise is doesn't work. Paraphrasing what he actually said.

Can I believe that a million dollars will be deposited into my bank account tonight? I'm all for the "power of belief" in that case.