Losing weight when you have crohns/colitis + migraines :(

Options
pinup1782
pinup1782 Posts: 1 Member
edited June 2017 in Motivation and Support
Migraines/tension headaches- each month leave me feeling so crappy and stop me from working out. This can go on for weeks, which makes me feel even worse since I tend to go off track.

Crohns/colitis- I get bloated VERY easily and I will sometimes go under 1200 calories (which is my limit) just because my stomach is in 'pregnant' mode however it's been very difficult to even lose 5lbs. It also will effect my energy levels at times since it's an autoimmune disease.

My credentials:
34yrs old
140lbs
Body type: think Sofia Vergara but curvier/bigger, hourglass
5ft7in

I welcome all comments and thoughts from anyone that have similar issues or even just wanting to vent with me lol smiley:

Replies

• Markbooth8772
    Markbooth8772 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I have Uc and can fully relate. Pretty healthy weight wise but always have a bloated upper belly . Which can look like an alien jumping out from beneath solaplex
  • Numericmama373
    Numericmama373 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Are you on a special diet for the colitis?

I don't have it. My dad did and almost died at age 38, so when my brother and I started getting sick (age 27 for each of us) we switched over to my dad's diet and that stopped it.

I still have a super responsive system though. It makes it hard for me to really know what is going on, and my water weight seems to fluctuate more wildly than for,other people. And horemones don't help any.

I am looking for non-scale victories, like that my back feels more muscular. And I am using a happy scale app that tracks trends instead of every day, so it smooths out the line and reduces the fluctuations.
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    I have crohn's and was on a super restrictive diet but I recently had a total proctocolectomy with end ileostomy and now my diet has expanded. Still have restrictions but not nearly as many.