Daily Minimums

I was recently introduced to the concept of "hitting your minimums" through I podcast I listen to called Half Size Me. It's a useful tool for staying focused on weight loss, and to keep one bad day from snowballing into a disaster week, and (disclaimer, I heard about this on Monday so I haven't been at it long) so far it's helped me shake off a slump that's been dogging me for a few days.

In a nutshell, you pick the two things that are the most critical to keeping you in the right mindset to stay on your weight loss journey. For me, that's tracking my intake, and walking for at least 20 minutes.
The idea is that, even on a day that sucks and everything seems to be working against you, just focus on hitting your minimums.

Thoughts? Anecdotes? How about you - What are your minimums?

Replies

• emacg2
    emacg2 Posts: 113 Member
    I try to do something every day. Walk. Run. Gym or swim. Its hard with busy life but feel good after
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Yeah. That's a nice podcast. Sounds good. My minimums would be staying in a deficit and making sure to walk. Training is already part of my lifestyle.
  • dlkfox
    dlkfox Posts: 463 Member
    My minimum is logging. Just logging.
  • Luna3386
    Luna3386 Posts: 888 Member
    I think it's a good idea. Overtime some things will be so engrained your minimums will change to things you never thought.