Brightline Eating is Reducing my Cravings for excess calories

Options
Anyone trying Bright Line Eating Plan? I am liking it so far, because it reduces my cravings and hunger, and helps me eat to my calorie/nutrition plan. And the food seems really good and nourishing, and so when I go to Crossfit in the morning or ride my bike I'm feeling pretty good. I find it really easy to follow because it just says so many ounces of fruit or vegie or protein or fat, and it helps me to stay away from sugar and flour which always, based on my own experience over the years, sets off my cravings for more. I also enjoy reading about the brain science research on willpower, cravings and hunger.

Replies

• soniaf
    soniaf Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Me! I am just finishing the 8 week boot camp, and have lost 14 pounds. It's really working for me.....
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    I am using some of the principles - certain boundaries - and it's very effective for me; cravings are reduced and energy increased, weight reduced to normal, and stable for 2 1/2 years now - but I'm wary about following a plan set by someone else. Trying to stick to concrete food suggestions (eat this, in these amounts, this often) has never turned out well for me. I could do it for a while, usually around a year, but then I'd rebel and eat everything I "shouldn't" and had missed. Sugar and flour isn't really an issue for me, my problem was that I overate, because some food is too easily available, too easy to eat a lot of, not very nutritious, and I was both told I could and should indulge, and that I must and should stay away. I also believed that I had to exercise, but I'm naturally a really lazy person who doesn't like to walk or lift or run without purpose. So a more relaxed attitude, more insight, better food environment control and a good meal structure, and just letting activity be a normal part of my daily life, was my game changer.
  • caitdiienno
    caitdiienno Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    @soniaf
    Hi there! How has your bright line eating been going? I finished the book about a week ago and have been thinking about joining the boot camp, but I'm not sure about that yet since I've heard it's very expensive. Do you feel like it was worth it?