Throwing out my scales!

Options
I am throwing out my scales!

I will record food and exercise to make sure I am on track and weigh myself on my birthday 17 of Aug!

I am bored of stepping on to see if I have lost weight!

Replies

• harric01
    harric01 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Good for you!!!! I probably should throw mine out too, it is a hard habit to break.
  • Ginial1479
    Ginial1479 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Way to go!!! I'm addicted to it... And it,s REALLY not cool...
  • Melissajojo3
    Melissajojo3 Posts: 100
    Options
    WTG :) I had the greatest idea where I would not buy any more batteries for it, but my addictio to weighing my self beat me to it. I just bought new batteries when the old ones went all out... Good Luck :)
  • A_New_Horizon
    A_New_Horizon Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    I give you props. I should throw mine out as well, but I have discovered that if I don't step on it everyday I lose track of my success. My weight starts to go back up. Have you taken any measurements? If you haven't, do it. It will help (trust me). The scale will lie but the tape measure won't!!!
  • winneau
    winneau Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Yes!! Let's liberate ourselves from the scales for a while!! :bigsmile:
  • AllieB
    AllieB Posts: 73
    Options
    I think it is a great idea! I don't have a scale at home and I don't really go by the number on the scale but how my clothese fit me! Only down side is when I do find a scale I am always tempted to get on it. Good luck ;)
  • lcarter25
    lcarter25 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Needs to be done!!!

Its not cool the way I am on it everyday and it gets on my nerves and then I worry why i am not losing weight!
  • littlemisskitty24
    Options
    I think you could be right, I am forever on them day and night, regular as clock work twice a day and it doesn't do me any good I am sure
  • reyna99
    reyna99 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I put mine away for about 3 weeks, best thing I did, it was playing mind games with me! now I'm weighing in weekly sometimes bi-weekly :)
  • lcarter25
    Options
    well done reyna99!

Technically the scales should hinder my weight loss if I get rid of them as I will be tracking as usual!
  • skateboardstef
    skateboardstef Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    My scale broke. It was one of the best things that happened in my journey so far. I still weigh myself weekly on the Wii-Fit, but with the scale I weighed myself several times daily. I was obsessed! I do miss keeping track of my body fat and muscle percentage though!
  • autiemommy
    autiemommy Posts: 238
    Options
    I cant part with my scale. So i put it in the trunk of my parents car. LOL!! I tried just putting it away but its still in the house and i know its there. But when its in their car. I cant get to it. I have to go over there and get it. Which works for me so i only weigh when i am supposed too.

May sound crazy but it works for me....
  • lcarter25
    Options
    I am proud of all you ladies who have hidden the scales!!

We can beat this demon!!

Say no to weighing every 2 seconds!!!!
  • chiyuu
    chiyuu Posts: 13
    Options
    I wouldn't do it. It's very important to track your weight.

Last time I did this, I gained weight instead of losing. We're not honest with ourselves... Even if you track food, you will cheat more cause you won't see the numbers go up on the scale.

My 2 cents.

;)
  • lcarter25
    Options
    I wouldn't do it. It's very important to track your weight.

Last time I did this, I gained weight instead of losing. We're not honest with ourselves... Even if you track food, you will cheat more cause you won't see the numbers go up on the scale.

My 2 cents.

;)

Thats your opinion if I listned to my scale I wouldn't bother working out nor eating right because the numbers are not actually changing
  • daddyratty
    daddyratty Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I ended up doing this somewhat inadvertently. I am at the tail end of a 6+ week stint away from home and away from my family while I teach summer school about 350 miles away from home. There's a scale at my aunt and uncle's house where I'm staying, but I don't trust it as I weighed shortly after arriving and it was about 10lbs different from my most recent weigh-in at home.

I got to visit home last weekend and stepped on the scale and it showed 245, or a gain of 2 pounds over 5-1/2 weeks. Not bad. Not what I'd hoped for, but it could have been much worse. But it also showed that being off regular tracking (I weighed and tracked food about half the time) and away from a scale added about 1-1/2 pounds per month. That would be 18 pounds a year, so it's just further proof to me that I need the accountability of food AND body scales nearby.
  • lcarter25
    Options
    Well I'm hiding them for 3 weeks
  • daddyratty
    daddyratty Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Well I'm hiding them for 3 weeks

I lost my point in my rambling. I think that it was helpful to not stress about it. I'm sure you'll do great!
  • lcarter25
    Options
    Lol you did'nt and honestly I agree they do help you keep on track, but when you are starting or become obsessed its good to take a lil break :)
  • littlemisskitty24
    Options
    let's hide them together for 3 weeks!!!