Confusing times!

Options
So I just came back from the gym and I got my body fat measured (it aint pretty but I blame the big boobs ha!) but I am 3lbs less on the gym scale than mine....wtf??

Replies

• maryd4love
    maryd4love Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    The gym scals say I am less than what mine do at home. But....I kep with mine because I did my start weight on mine, at home. So....It probably all works out to be the same.
  • lcarter25
    lcarter25 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    I prefer the gyms one!! lool
  • i_love_vinegar
    i_love_vinegar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Options
    its probably marketing. they know the scale is incorrect, and figure most ppl who hit the gym have a scale at home.

it makes you feel good about yourself when you are at the gym, so you come back.

its the same thing as vanity sizing clothing (and now shoe sizes in some brands). I think some success with Ugg boots is partially due to the fact women have to go down 1 shoe size to fit them.
  • cjjones007
    cjjones007 Posts: 602
    Options
    lol don't blame you for preferring the gym one
    The key is consistency - if you want to ALWAYS weigh on the same day at the approximate same time on the gym scale instead of yours - go for it lol -
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,118 Member
    Options
    I'm with i_love_vinegar..

Crocs are the same way.
  • lcarter25
    Options
    well it sure wasnt being nice with the amount of body fat i had!
  • JessicaMarie9382
    Options
    I prefer the gyms one!! lool
    Me too! They are always kinder! ;)
  • lcarter25
    Options
    To be honest I hate scales I weighed myself the other day and had 3 diff weight my scales suck
  • aj_rock
    aj_rock Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    To be fair, the gym one sees a lot more (ab) use than the one you have at home does. I wouldn't trust it. Because of the spring system usually involved in scales, they tend to loosen and thus shift the result by a percentage up or down.