Finding the balance & staying on track..

Options
Is it possible to find a balance between having fun, yet staying on track and still reaching goals? I like to go out with friends, spend time with family, etc. When my mindset is in "change mode", I feel like I have to stay home and lay low, so that I make sure I keep on track. I feel like this will eventually break me. Help!

Replies

• chokhas
    chokhas Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I think the key to success is planning ahead. I go out with friends too and enjoy my food. I would recommend you check the menu online for food that can fit your goal for example grilled fish or chicken. typically every cuisine has some healthier options. if you want to have a drink calculate for the calories. if I eat too much one day I eat less the following day or do not eat back my'sport calories. I have pcos and can't eat my full maintenance so I can eat about 1400 instead of 1500 to avoid gaining . I will usually eat 1200 to 1300 a day so that I can go over on weekends.
    can you do active things with your family? like going for a hike or cycle ride like this you can combine being with family and being active.
  • meg_mindbody
    meg_mindbody Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    chokhas wrote: »
    I think the key to success is planning ahead. I go out with friends too and enjoy my food. I would recommend you check the menu online for food that can fit your goal for example grilled fish or chicken. typically every cuisine has some healthier options. if you want to have a drink calculate for the calories. if I eat too much one day I eat less the following day or do not eat back my'sport calories. I have pcos and can't eat my full maintenance so I can eat about 1400 instead of 1500 to avoid gaining . I will usually eat 1200 to 1300 a day so that I can go over on weekends.
    can you do active things with your family? like going for a hike or cycle ride like this you can combine being with family and being active.

Thank you for the advice!!
  • katieann522
    katieann522 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I struggle with this too, I think everyone does. Unless you're robotic in behavior, you will falter. I think that remembering your goals, and having a cheat day once every 2-3 weeks is key for me. Where I can eat anything and everything I have been dreaming on. Make fun plans with friends for food this day, make it fun and remember, we're only human, this is only one life.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    I have been out for a meal this lunchtime with friends... steak suet pudding and chips and toffee pecan cheesecakes for dessert... I 'saved' between 100 - 200 cals Monday to Thursday this week so I could choose whatever I fancied today and still hit my weekly calorie goal.

• DebLaBounty
    DebLaBounty Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Other people here have made some great suggestions for you. I find that spending time with friends and family is actually helpful, as when I stay at home for days on end I start thinking about eating more just to combat the boredom and isolation.