Fell off the wagon

Options
So lately I've been having a really hard time eating all my calories. And then to top it off I've been sick, so food is just repulsive to me. Yesturday I had a bowl of cereal and then was running around all day and didn't have time to eat, so when I finally did eat... I ATE! My mom and I went to Red Robin, and instead of sharing, or getting the gardenburger like I normally would. I got my own Jerk Chicken burger, with extra crispy fries (which just means extra greasy!) with ranch. We then ordered refill fries. And then (because once you start eating crappy food, you just can't stop) I went home and had THREE spoonfulls of peanut butter with chocolate chips smooshed in! Now I know you can't gain back all your weight in one day, but it sure feels like it!

I was going to workout today to make up for it, but I woke up to a horrible coughing fit, and couldn't catch my breath. Which got me thinking "If I'm out of breath on the elliptical and it starts a coughing fit, I could really pass out!" So i'm thinking until my lungs are cleared maybe no cardio.....what do you guys think? also, do you think if I just did general strenght training with no cardio that will help at all, or no?

Replies

• GrnEyz
    GrnEyz Posts: 360
    Options
    So lately I've been having a really hard time eating all my calories. And then to top it off I've been sick, so food is just repulsive to me. Yesturday I had a bowl of cereal and then was running around all day and didn't have time to eat, so when I finally did eat... I ATE! My mom and I went to Red Robin, and instead of sharing, or getting the gardenburger like I normally would. I got my own Jerk Chicken burger, with extra crispy fries (which just means extra greasy!) with ranch. We then ordered refill fries. And then (because once you start eating crappy food, you just can't stop) I went home and had THREE spoonfulls of peanut butter with chocolate chips smooshed in! Now I know you can't gain back all your weight in one day, but it sure feels like it!

I was going to workout today to make up for it, but I woke up to a horrible coughing fit, and couldn't catch my breath. Which got me thinking "If I'm out of breath on the elliptical and it starts a coughing fit, I could really pass out!" So i'm thinking until my lungs are cleared maybe no cardio.....what do you guys think? also, do you think if I just did general strenght training with no cardio that will help at all, or no?
  • smadag1
    smadag1 Posts: 1,368
    Options
    Don't give up I fell off today but I know I need to run and jump back on the wagon. One bad day is no reason to throw in the towel. Just keep to your calories and when you lungs get better get back to it.:happy:
  • Kmill217
    Kmill217 Posts: 204
    Options
    Working out won't do you a bit of good. Your health is crap and so was your diet. Stick to the soups for the next day or two, and then jump back on the wagon! All in all, even though you really smacked your body the day before, your total cal intake wasn't horrible concerning you ate pretty muc all at one time. Maybe 2300 calories? So, I'm gonna say don't think about it! Feel better, and jump back in! Its not a sprint- its a marathon! I think about it like this, if I slip up- sooner or later the ice will melt, and I can keep on walking down the path...OO thats a good quote for my sig. hah
  • wmorris
    Options
    Just count it as a cheat day and don't dwell on it. It was was one day out of many. Feel better first then get back in the gym, it won't do you any good to wear yourself down. Good luck and keep looking forward.:flowerforyou:
  • GrnEyz
    GrnEyz Posts: 360
    Options
    think about it like this, if I slip up- sooner or later the ice will melt, and I can keep on walking down the path...OO thats a good quote for my sig. hah

:laugh: Thanks KMill :)
  • get_fit2009
    get_fit2009 Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    I like the soup idea. Have one with lots of veggies in it. Drink lots of tea and let your body recover. And eating Red Robin won't help you get better any faster. :laugh: This website is all about learning to get right back on track. Keep telling yourself "I deserve to eat good foods". Also, I have been in the situation like you where you don't have time to eat, so when you finally DO eat, you're ravenous and can't really use good judgment. I try to keep a protein bar in my purse now just for such an occasion so I don't get to "The Point of No Return."

Take care and feel better! :flowerforyou:
  • tizzykay
    Options
    You actualyy did better than me on superbowl sunday, ate everything in site! But just went right back to the gym and good eating habits, its ok to cheat just not all the time:)
  • jocelyne2
    jocelyne2 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    ugh I fell off the wagon too been a few days , have been under so much stress that i didn't have the energy to get on my bike but today i feel better and Im gonna get back to work . Finally things feeli like they may straighten out . Just sucks I was working out 6 days a week then with all the stress i slacked off for almost a week . Wish me luck