active part time job

Options
so a little background, I'm a rn at a busy nursing home, working 3-4 days a week. I rarely sit during my 8 hour shift. have my activity set to sedentary.

The issue is I'm usually starving when i get home on my work days. I'm thinking i may add a 100 calorie activity for those days just so I have can a small snack, since i'm more active those days.

Opinions?

Thank you!

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    You could get a fitbit or similar tracker?
  • carrieoffen
    carrieoffen Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Ive had them before and don't care for them. But i have a pedometer on my phone which i keep in my pocket and i range between 5k-8k steps a shift
  • ptork66
    ptork66 Posts: 1 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    I work part-time as a barista. My activity level is set to sedentary, since my main job is office work, but on the days I work as a barista, I add exercise of "walking slow pace" for about anywhere from 1-2 hours less than the length of my shift, depending on how busy it was. I find this accounts for the increased activity well.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,019 Member
    Options
    You're only hurting yourself by setting your Goals using false input. :shrug:
  • carrieoffen
    carrieoffen Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I don't consider it false because if im not at work or at the gym (or other exercise) i am pretty sedentary.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,019 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    I don't consider it false because if im not at work or at the gym (or other exercise) i am pretty sedentary.

How is this not contradictory? (below)
    I'm a rn at a busy nursing home, working 3-4 days a week. I rarely sit during my 8 hour shift. I have my activity set to sedentary.

Read the instructions on the setup for your "activity level" in GOALS.

...and this:
    The issue is I'm usually starving when i get home on my work days.

See what I'm saying? If you're starving it's because you aren't eating enough. You aren't eating enough because you underestimated the Activity Level. The more active you are the more calories you need to fuel that activity.