Hello from Georgia!

Options
Several years ago, I lost over 100 pounds and quit smoking. Exercise has been a part of my life ever since. The last year or so has been pretty tough for me with a lot of changes in my life and I've found myself going through the motions, losing my motivation, and not eating right. I had gained back 35 pounds and felt generally unhealthy. But I'm feeling motivated again and ready to get back to a healthy lifestyle. Ready to get the most out of my workouts. Ready to get focused.

A friend recommended the MFP app as a way to track what I'm putting in my body. I like that it's keeping me engaged in what I'm eating and that's helping me to make better choices. He also recommended to me that I do my best to socialize and get involved in the MFP community. That's not something i would normally do, but if it will help me stay motivated and on track, I figured I would give it a try. I've read some pretty remarkable stories on here and found most people to be very encouraging to others. So, that makes it a lot easier to reach out.

I'm really looking forward to being part of this community and looking forward to taking control of my health again!

Replies

• Steelytech
    Steelytech Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hello from Canada
  • chris_james17
    chris_james17 Posts: 52 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    West of ATL here
  • Madux1818
    Madux1818 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Decatur here.
  • cosmonew
    cosmonew Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm from Northern Michigan. It is good if you get a group of friends as well. My Fitness Pal is my new and improved facebook. All fitness and nutrition and non of the crap!!!!!
  • Tattooed_Michelle
    Tattooed_Michelle Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm new too, miles away in the UK, good luck :)
  • allieparkia
    allieparkia Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Always great to have extra motivation! Feel free to add me!
  • tonyamorgan75
    tonyamorgan75 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hello from Galveston, Texas
  • Aerocrazd
    Aerocrazd Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Just south of Atlanta. MFP gets easier the longer your on it. So stick around awhile.
  • LauraInTheWater
    LauraInTheWater Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    What's up! Fellow Georgian here! NW of Atlanta!
  • Beav73
    Beav73 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Go Dawgs...south of Atlanta here