Freeze Fat at Home?

Options
Has anyone tried this? It seems there is scientific evidence to back this up. I'm currently lying on my back with an ice bag on my stomach. I have very specific areas I would like to target. Gonna give this a try and cross my fingers.

Replies

• lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Yes, some of the food I freeze has a little fat in it and I turns out just fine. I also use ice/cold packs on areas of pain or inflammation. It often helps but as said above, must be used for short periods of time (5-10 min) to avoid damage.
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    Even the cosmo article says the real thing doesn't do much and doesn't work over anything but a very small area. http://www.cosmopolitan.com/style-beauty/beauty/a47316/freezing-off-fat-coolsculpting/
  • WendyLeigh1119
    WendyLeigh1119 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    This is like those plastic wraps (I can't remember what they're called) that are sticky and covered in something that irritates your skin enough to "heat it up" and you're supposed to wear them for days to "burn fat off targeted areas". They sell out for outrageous prices, but too. And people write angry reviews that it didn't make them thin or came back. *Sigh*

At least do something that has a temporary effect for special events like a waist trainer (which WILL work to squeeze out water weight and make you appear thinner for a day or so).

But none of this is long term. Even hardcore corseting (wearing custom corsets 24-7 for years and years) is only semi-permanent because eventually your fat and floating ribs shift right back to where they originally were. So unless you're ready to sleep in a steel boned corset and get used to limited movement and lots of reflux in corseting.... these waist slimming products are doing nothing for you that lasts longer than 24 hours.
  • 2DUNNY
    2DUNNY Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    i think the only way to freeze fat is to go to the northern-most parts of alaska during winter. pretty sure my fat would freeze there! ;)
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Have you never seen an Eskimo? They're not thin generally. If your theory is correct they should be practically skin and bones.