county fair is in town this week, urg!

Options
Trying to keep busy during the county fair this week. Hopefully won't be going back but I do feel my will power weakening. Any suggestions to keeping your mind off of deep fried delicousness? Sometimes I feel overwhelmed with trying to always stay on track.

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,119 Member
    Options
    You don't have to ALWAYS stay on track.

Go to the fair. Those traditions are worth honoring. Eat your favorite stuff. Start with the healthy foods again as soon as you leave the fair.

One day does not break you. Don't stretch it into a week.
  • Monica_has_a_goal
    Monica_has_a_goal Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I agree with CM but try to make healthy choices.. :tongue:

My Daughter loves the fried Twinkie so I just get a bite of hers. :blushing:
  • aneumany
    aneumany Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    gyro! yum! light on the sauce and ur good to go.. just stay away from all the fried foods, candy and zeppoles and funnel cakes! a lil splurge is ok, just workout a lil extra!! have fun!
  • MotherofDREAMS
    Options
    Ours is only 2 weeks away... I think those same thoughts!
    The plan here is......
    I will not go to the fair hungry!
    I will eat good healthy, filling foods before I go!
    but... I will share a Funnel Cake, some cotton candy & Fried Onion with my kids.

Ya gotta keep livin!!!!
  • dustyhockeymom
    dustyhockeymom Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    My favorite food at the fair is a smoked turkey leg and roasted corn on the cob, so that isnt' too bad. I don't feel bad following that up with a funnel cake to share or a caramel apple. You have to keep enjoying life's pleasures. Just make sure its a treat not a habit.
  • Cherilea
    Cherilea Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    When we had ours, I was there every single day from afternoon till about 10 pm. We took a couple of coolers with us...one with lots of bottles water and some pop, and the other had food items in it. I stocked it with carrots, hummus, apples, sliced turkey, and everything you would need to make a sandwich with.

I did get a funnel cake during that time but shared it with 4 other people. As much as I love lemonade shake-ups, I opted for a strawberry smoothie instead. My biggest splurge were nachos with everything on it including taco meat. I had it late in the afternoon so that was my "Lupper" (lunch/supper). :smile: When it was time for my weigh in...I still lost.:bigsmile: But I would suggest bringing your own snacks and drinks though...so much cheaper that way. You'll be fine! Have a great time!
  • nguyenedward
    nguyenedward Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Feel free to eat whatever you want IMHO. It's only on occasions, not everyday. Don't deprive yourself from foods you enjoy eating. Just enjoy the day and have fun. However, once you've ate all that delicious fried food. Get back on track like nothing happened and you'll still see results. The only thing when I do that is, I regret it afterwards. Try not to regret it and enjoy the food.
  • Asereth333
    Asereth333 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Park your car REALLY far from the entrance! Get a little more exercise in! :)
  • lmelangley
    lmelangley Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    I say go, and treat yourself to cotton candy and a caramel apple. Both are relatively ok caloriewise - a caramel apple with nuts is only 160, and a bag of cotton candy is around 125. If you want fried dough, have that as a meal. If you pick out some treats you will allow yourself to have ahead of time, you can have fun and not feel deprived.
  • shar140
    shar140 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    I'm headed to the fair tonight, and plan on enjoying the food - in moderation! My family always shares everything, so we get to try everything but not have to eat all of everything! I always bring my own water, too.
  • jayb123x
    jayb123x Posts: 138
    Options
    My favorites as well and we always share a funnel cake.
    My favorite food at the fair is a smoked turkey leg and roasted corn on the cob, so that isnt' too bad.
  • laeckloff
    laeckloff Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the suggestions I did indulge some but only went on one day and did the gyro thing with carmel apples. Then my boyfriend got other naughty items that I had small bites of. Turned out better than I thought it would.