Any Suggestions for Yummy Vegan Cooking?

Options
Hi everyone!!

I'm trying to make more vegan-friendly foods, partly because I have been told there are various health benefits to a vegan diet and also partly to start having my vegan friend over for dinner more often. I follow tons of vegan cooking blogs on tumblr, but I was wondering if any one one here has any favorite vegan recipes?

Thanks~!!

Replies

• Jemmuno
    Jemmuno Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    If you go to the PETA website, they have tons of good vegan recipes.
  • jesienia
    jesienia Posts: 294
    Options
    Try the post punk kitchen website! She has a lot of amazing recipes.

Also check out the Vegan With a Vengence, Veganomican, and Skinny B*tch cookbooks. All of them have great recipes!
  • roseymacdoo
    roseymacdoo Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Hi a friend of mine writes a veggie and vegan recipe blog, all the vegan recipes are tagged as such.

http://beckaeatsveggie.blogspot.com/

Enjoy

Rosey x
  • ickybella
    ickybella Posts: 1,438 Member
    Options
    I love www.ohsheglows.com

Angela makes the most delicious things, including these life-changing nut butter parsnip fries and ice cream made from frozen bananas. I love the protein power goddess bowl as well, but so far, my favourite has been the raw chocolate chip cookie dough bites (like a blizzard if you crumble them into banana ice cream!)
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I get all my recipies off vegweb......I love the sweet and sour lentils recipe I found on there.
  • Charger440
    Charger440 Posts: 1,474 Member
    Options

Angela makes the most delicious things, including these life-changing nut butter parsnip fries and ice cream made from frozen bananas. I love the protein power goddess bowl as well, but so far, my favourite has been the raw chocolate chip cookie dough bites (like a blizzard if you crumble them into banana ice cream!)

She does not look healthy to me!!
  • kendrafallon
    kendrafallon Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    Try http://www.noveleats.com

The recipies I've tried so far are yummy! I'm not vegan btw, just a curious cook x
  • Kym1610
    Kym1610 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    My husband is vegan, there are quite a few in my blog. Feel free to take a look

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/Kym1610/view/my-tried-and-true-reciepes-119373
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options

I just checked out her site......wow.....some of those recipies look just fantastic. I can't wait to try a couple!!
  • martielou
    martielou Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Happy Herbivore has great low fat vegan recipes so does Fat Free Vegan (both have blogs).
    Robin Robertson is also amazing! She has tons of cookbooks!
  • ickybella
    Options

Thanks for your shockingly profound (and not to mention incredibly helpful and relevant to this post) input. How, exactly, does healthy look?
  • ickybella
    Options

I just checked out her site......wow.....some of those recipies look just fantastic. I can't wait to try a couple!!

Those parsnip fries are amazing! I sort-of replicated one of her kale salads as well, for lunch this week, and my vitamin reports on here were crazy, lol. I'm going to freeze a banana right now so I can have some comforting banana ice cream later.
  • riverweed
    riverweed Posts: 10
    Options
    I love the creativity surrounding a vegan lifestyle, amongst other things. The other day we made vegan 'eggs' benedict (http://www.chooseveg.com/display_recipe.asp?recipe=26), tasted brilliant and was good fun, too! x
  • sdgirl22
    sdgirl22 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    These recipes look AMAZING!! I can't wait to try the cookie sandwich and the peanut butter blizzard (ps.. she looks very healthy and athletic to me :smile: ).

I like the Fat Free Vegan website - the blogger tries to use as little oils as possible, so she comes up with some very creative and tasty things. Her soups are delicious!

www.fatfreevegan.com
  • Charger440
    Charger440 Posts: 1,474 Member
    Options

Thanks for your shockingly profound (and not to mention incredibly helpful and relevant to this post) input. How, exactly, does healthy look?

Oh you know... muscle definition maybe a little color to the face and not like like you've had a fever since way back when. Also maybe not having your jaws all sunk in like your half a step away from being dead. Just a thought. I do realize that some people actually like that skin and bones, pale and sick look so if you do I guess that's up to you huh?
  • PandaFlight
    Options
    Oh you know... muscle definition maybe a little color to the face and not like like you've had a fever since way back when. Also maybe not having your jaws all sunk in like your half a step away from being dead. Just a thought. I do realize that some people actually like that skin and bones, pale and sick look so if you do I guess that's up to you huh?

Colour? She's so much more tanned than I am. I'm almost envious of her colouring. I think it's the lighting that makes her look a little washed out. I wouldn't say her jaws are sunken. Defined, maybe, but not sunken.

OP- I'm a lover of a can of beans (no salt or sugar added), some tomato and a handful of various spices on a bed of rice or quinoa. It's cheap, easy to make in 15 minutes and low-cal.
  • ever_onward
    Options
    Thank you so much, everyone!! ^_^