Confusion over MFP weight loss expectations

Options
Hello all. I'm coming back to MFP after falling off the wagon and went to see if my goals needed updating.
Can anyone explain to me why a planned weight loss of 0.5kg per week would mean that I would expect to lose just 1.1kg by July 30 (it being June 25th today). Presumably on this basis I should lose about 2.5kg. I know that sometimes you can expect to lose less than you plan to if by doing so you would be consuming too few calories (i.e. for me, the most it allows me to lose is 0.6kg per week 9on 1200 calories), so that doesn't seem to explain as it should add up to more than 1.1kg over 5 weeks. It isn't a big deal (and in reality I will likely only lose 1kg anyway, haha) but does anyone have any insight?

Thanks in advance.

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    The 5 week prediction is a load of tosh... ignore it.
  • Duchy82
    Duchy82 Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    It may just be that you have reached the lower limit of 1200 kcal that mfp sets to lose less than 0.5kg per week. For example if I set mfp to lose 1kg a week it gives me 1200 kcal, if I set it to 0.75kg a week it gives me the same therefore it stands to reason that with eating alone I wouldn't be able to safely create the deficit needed to lose a kg per week. You may be in the same position. In which case it will give you a predicted weightloss in tune with the deficit created at the minimum recommended calories a day.

Also that 5 week predictor thing as @TavistockToad said is not accurate at all

(Disclaimer: I'm most definitely not still trying to lose a kg or 0.75kg per week with only 1.3kg to go to goal, this is just for illustration purposes)