I've just broken up with my boyfriend

Basically he betrayed my trust in a big way (he didn't cheat,well not physically anyway) and i've barely eaten all day, according to mfp i've had about 695 calories but it's probaly more like 750 still that's not enough but i just don't feel like eating.

I mean had some low calorie slices of toast for breakfast
and a jacket potato with cheese and beans for lunch and since i got in i've had a few crab sticks and a spoonful of cous cous.

I just feel like bleh and not really in the mood for food,like the thought of it isn't perticularly appealing to me atm but I'm really worried that i'll slip back into old self destructive habits and i want to be healthy with my weightloss this time and not lose it because i'm not eating y'know.

Maybe i can just drink the calories in tea or not that'd be a lot of cups of tea, i can stomach tea right now though.

Replies

• 500lbs2marathon
    500lbs2marathon Posts: 542 Member
    Im sorry to hear about your relationship :(

Try and eat something, but dont worry about hitting your target for the day, just try not to get yourself sick either.

Hope things get better for you soon!

Maybe go for a run/walk? That usually helps clear my head.
  • Joisgettingfit
    Joisgettingfit Posts: 160 Member
    I might actually but i don't want to be even more under.
    If i still feel a bit meh later I might actually do that, i need to locate my joggers though. My room is a tip.
  • autiemommy
    autiemommy Posts: 238
    I am so sorry. Things will look up you just have to push pass this. And realize that maybe it was for the best. Focus on your goals.. Maybe try snacking on some fruit veggies peanut butter nuts, or even make a protein shake...

I was in your shoes about 2 months ago. Its hard but it does get better. Dont fall into a rut and backtrail your weight loss. I fell off and gained 8 lbs. Use these feelings to your advantage.

Hugs im here if ya need to talk..
  • aj_rock
    aj_rock Posts: 390 Member
    I'm sorry to hear that!

Could be worse though! Lots of people tend to eat emotionally...

All the same, you just need to pick yourself back up! You got support :)
  • athenawho
    athenawho Posts: 253
    I'm so sorry, sweetie!

Break ups are hard. BUT you need to go through them so it can free you up for someone who deserves you!

Stay strong, dear. It gets better.
  • zonah
    zonah Posts: 216 Member
    Tea is very low to nil in cals. What about soups, smoothies or soft foods like yogurt. Trust if one of those foundational aspects of a realtationship it sounds like you made the right choice for yourself. Take care.
  • vrrials
    vrrials Posts: 5
    girl go get a good book. take a long bath. and when you get up in the morning.... throw on some shoes and go get yourself some thing exotic to eat... dont tread on what is missing but fill up on new expirences
  • luigigirl
    luigigirl Posts: 21
    Sometimes you just don't feel like eating...I have had discussions with my Dr. about it. The advice I was given...stay hydrated. If you don't feel like eating, you will again when your body is ready..in the meantime drink lots of water! Good Luck!
  • paradog
    paradog Posts: 378 Member
    Totally understand why you're feeling blue, but do not let the events keep you from taking care of yourself. Do not betray yourself. I find that a long walk or exercise is great for increasing my positive moods. Find people that can be supportive right now and will affirm your decisions and feelings. I also find playing with a puppy a good way to ease my stress...find a shelter or puppy store (do not buy a puppy!).

Or you can friend me and I'll try to help you daily. SO get out there and live YOUR life!
  • runner328
    runner328 Posts: 174
    I know how you feel I just split from my hubby. We were together 15 yrs. I couldn't eat @ first and go sick when I tried. If you can't eat by tomorrow get some Ensure they have all the vitamins & nutrients you need. I am sorry but you will get through this!! Someone better for you is out there ;)
  • TTHdred
    TTHdred Posts: 380 Member
    I might actually but i don't want to be even more under.
    If i still feel a bit meh later I might actually do that, i need to locate my joggers though. My room is a tip.

I see the fear, but often working out triggers your hunger and your body may grave something. Then you can add some good protien, so that even if you are under for the day you've had a bit more substance. Also, working can also make you FEEL better. In addition to just feeling better about improving yourself, the phrase "runners high" does have some truth to it....Endorphins help to reduce anxiety, stress, and depression. So the recommendation to work out gets my vote.

I truly hope you feel better as I know how difficult these can be. :flowerforyou:
  • Joisgettingfit
    Joisgettingfit Posts: 160 Member
    Thank you everyone :)
    I've just had a litre of lemonade (the fizzy kind) probably not the best thing but liquids are just easier .
    Now i'm sat here munching on ice cubes, I'll go out for a run in the morning to clear my head but I'm knackered right now. I had about 2 hours sleep yesterday because I was up all night because of how angry i was but since my ex lives in the middle of nowhere i couldn't actually go anywhere.