Keto//OS?

Options
Xpecta
Xpecta Posts: 451 Member
edited June 2017 in Food and Nutrition
Has anyone heard of this product? I have been using it and it feels absolutely amazing!

Has anyone else tried it? What has your experience been like?

Replies

• Xpecta
    edited June 2017
    Options
    That's amazing!!! I love hearing the positives people experience! My husband and I have been using it and it's so crazy how it just perks you up like that!

He also lost 6 pounds in 3 days. Thank you for sharing!

I Also love how you get better sleep and wake up feeling refreshed! Also, as a nursing mother, my milk production is up! And the DAY I started taking it she slept 6 hours for the first time! I'm guessing all the data in the mix made my milk more fatty to keep her more full.

[Post edited by MFP Staff]
  • nokanjaijo
    nokanjaijo Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    So, these are basically exogenous ketones? And they have the same benefits to mood and energy as being on a ketogenic diet? Is that what's happening here? That's crazy!

Do you feel happier, more energetic, clear minded, all that?
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    Xpecta wrote: »
    That's amazing!!! I love hearing the positives people experience! My husband and I have been using it and it's so crazy how it just perks you up like that!

He also lost 6 pounds in 3 days. Thank you for sharing! I did decide to sell it because of how amazing it is! I'm not usually one to take risks like that!

I Also love how you get better sleep and wake up feeling refreshed! Also, as a nursing mother, my milk production is up! And the DAY I started taking it she slept 6 hours for the first time! I'm guessing all the data in the mix made my milk more fatty to keep her more full.

So you start a thread on a product you sell?

It is a hugely priced small amount of aminos laced with caffeine.
  • Xpecta
    Options
    Sorry, I'm not here to sell, I just want to hear people's experiences with it. :)
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    Options
    What do they think they can experience with it?

It's a sham product who's calories and micros don't even add up.

It states it has 110 calories a serving, add up it's micros and it only totals 75. I wouldn't put a product in my body from some one who can't even work out their labelling.
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    It's a waste of time and money especially for those who already follow a low carb / Keto way of eating. You don't want ingest exogenous keytones...rather, you want YOUR BODY to do the work of creating and burning them so by getting them from an outside source you are truly short-changing yourself in that sense.
  • auntstephie321
    auntstephie321 Posts: 3,586 Member
    Options
    Just eat a very low carb diet, your body will make ketones for free.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options

It states it has 110 calories a serving, add up it's micros and it only totals 75. I wouldn't put a product in my body from some one who can't even work out their labelling.

Not to mention as OP is a nursing mother I would be especially mindful of what kinds of supplements are going into my body and milk for my baby.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    OMG some woman is telling me this on facebook "In the past, the process of increasing ketones in the blood was achieved through a strict, carbohydrate-restive diet called the ketogenic diet. This allowed the body to move from using glucose (sugar) as its primary source of fuel, and to transition to using fats as its primary source of fuel. Today, we can achieve this state through exogenous ketone supplementation with this product" after I told her that you cannot enter ketosis within 30 min. I asked her to show me some science based peer review studies to back up this claim.

not to mention side effects state it can cause hypoglycemia,it claims to burn belly fat and prevent cancer.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    Options
    reply from that woman"I am sorry you feel that you know better than anyone else who have been using this product. Many, including myself, have been using this product to help keep them burning fat and keeping their weight loss program going well. Some have used it as part of a structured plan and others are doing their own program. You can do an Atkins type or South Beach type program and not be able to stay moving forward because ketosis is very difficult to maintain as it is very susceptible to your carb intake. So what you have worked very hard to maintain for days or weeks can be undone with a simple meal and then take days or weeks to get back to. This is something that can help. And as I said, it has and is working for many"
  • ladipoet
    Options
    @CharlieBeansmomTracey ...[Facepalm]...I'm all for Keto / LCHF since I follow that way of eating myself, but I REALLY HATE this kind of blind "bro science" that is spewed about with no regard for hard scientific data...UGH! I'm surprised you were able to contain yourself and not laugh in that woman's face even via email/social media!
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    Options
    Ask her how the macros don't match the calories?

https://www.dietspotlight.com/keto-os-review/

• RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    Options

My stupid phone changed macro to micro
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    Options
    Ask her how the macros don't match the calories?

https://www.dietspotlight.com/keto-os-review/

I did. she said nothing.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    Options
    ladipoet wrote: »
    @CharlieBeansmomTracey ...[Facepalm]...I'm all for Keto / LCHF since I follow that way of eating myself, but I REALLY HATE this kind of blind "bro science" that is spewed about with no regard for hard scientific data...UGH! I'm surprised you were able to contain yourself and not laugh in that woman's face even via email/social media!

yeah I have nothing against keto either. I cant do keto but if someone else wants to do it Im fine with that. But I get tired of people peddling their MLM crap and they believe the hype. sorry keto doesnt cost anything but money for food which you buy anyway. the price of a supplement for one month can get me almost 2 weeks of groceries.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,389 MFP Moderator
    Options
  • ladipoet
    Options
    ladipoet wrote: »

yeah I have nothing against keto either. I cant do keto but if someone else wants to do it Im fine with that. But I get tired of people peddling their MLM crap and they believe the hype. sorry keto doesnt cost anything but money for food which you buy anyway. the price of a supplement for one month can get me almost 2 weeks of groceries.

I 100% agree with you @charlieBeansmomTracey! @Psulemon...as always, thanks for the awesome link!!