Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Operation BETTER ME

I am new to MFP even though I have had the app on my iphone for a year. I have seen several friends using it on FB and decided to try it.

I am 41 and live in Texas. I have been on many diets. I have lost weight and gained weight. Over the last 8 years, I have only gained weight. Now I find myself with sore feet, knees and needing to lose 188 pounds. My weight is going to kill me.

On Father's Day, I lost my BFF to brain cancer. She fought hard for 18 months to stay with her family, but in the end she had to leave. After spending the last month grieving, I have come to the conclusion that she did everything she could to LIVE. I, on the other hand, am doing nothing to LIVE. I have a choice to be here for my kids and husband. I want to see my daughters graduate, get married and become mothers (if they want to :-)). So off I go on a journey to regain my self-esteme, lose some weight and to get to LIVE LIFE TO THE FULLEST.

I need to be a better role model for my kids. I want to move on with my life and enjoy the second half more that I have the first half. I want to love me, again.

I look forward to meeting some of you.

Jana

Replies

• sharishar
    sharishar Posts: 44 Member
    Welcome to MFP, feel free to add me and well done in taking that first step on your journey xx
  • JenDOhio
    JenDOhio Posts: 32
    Your post brought tears to my eyes. What you said makes so much sense. I'm going to the funeral home tonight for a high school classmate who died of cancer this week. She was 35 years old and fought for 3 years. We should be doing everything we can to LIVE. Feel free to add me as a friend. Good luck with your weight loss journey.