Anybody needing accountability?!

Options

Replies

• jgastil44
    jgastil44 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I love this idea..it's exactly what I've been looking for!
  • mypixiedesigns
    mypixiedesigns Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I like this idea too! My goal is to exercise 4 times a week for 20 minutes to start and stay under my net calorie goal 5 or 6 out of 7 days. And not to go crazy on my day of rest
  • ToothlessJoe
    ToothlessJoe Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    How do people feel about creating a group for us all to use?
  • Saldanap
    Saldanap Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I love chocolate, and ice cream, and pizza, and tacos, and chocolate. I need a someone to kick my teeth in when I think of ruining my diet! Male 44, Texas.
  • amberforfitness
    amberforfitness Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm a college student living in Wisconsin, from Minnesota! Started tracking my diet and exercise again about 2 weeks ago and have lost 8.6 pounds so far. I'm 5' 7" and my goal weight is 135 lbs, currently sitting at 157.8 :) just want to feel confident about myself and strong! Will be studying abroad in Amsterdam in this fall (leaving August 14th) so it would be nice to feel good about myself in pictures again as well! Please feel free to add me
  • daniellerusbult
    daniellerusbult Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hi everybody!!! I just got home from a long weekend away, and I plan to carve out some time tomorrow to get this group going! In the mean time, if you haven't already, please tell us your name, where you're from, what your goals are and a little bit about yourself!

I myself had a perfect day today with some wonderful weather! Hope you all had great days!!
  • ToothlessJoe
    ToothlessJoe Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hope you had a good trip, Dani!

As for me, I've been a yo-yo dieter for a while now. I managed to get into really good shape when just before I got married. But 9 years and 2 kids put me right back where I started. Now that my youngest (AND LAST!!!) kid has hit 2 years old, I decided it was time to start taking care of myself again. With 2 young kids in the house it was hard enough to take care of them and my wife, let alone myself. Anyway, I absolutely love to eat crappy food. I'll tear up anything from a drive-thru. I was fed a lot of that junk when I was a kid (before the days when folks realized that French fries and Pepsi wasn't what kids should be eating on a daily basis), so I guess I see it all as comfort food now.

I'm a serial starter, I've done the whole "Today is the day" thing about a hundred times, so these first couple weeks are going to be critical for me. I have two main motivators: I'd like to be at my goal weight by this time next year, since that will be both my 34th birthday as well as our scheduled 10 year anniversary trip. I'd also like to start dressing a bit nicer, but I've always been a bit self-conscious when it comes to wearing tighter (i.e. properly fitting) clothing so instead I end up wearing stuff that is too big and completely unflattering.

So there it is, my goals and a little(lot) bit about myself.

Starting Weight (SW): 218
    Current Weight (CW): 216
    Goal Weight (GW): 175
  • daniellerusbult
    Options
    ToothlessJoe, I think we can all relate to that!! Ok, I have invited everyone to the group! Please check out the first discussion post--that's where we will start! See you all there!

Ps: I would LOVE to have more people join us! The more, the merrier.
  • dodgethepodge
    dodgethepodge Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Join me - Ive started a vlog.... the more that follow me, the more I know I HAVE to keep going.
    Stsrt a vlog of your fitness journey and maybe it could do the same?

Starting fresh with a new plan... set up a vlog too! https://youtu.be/O7CZTb8ieGk
    Subscribe, add me, follow me, talk to me! All could help for good motivation! xxx
  • Adrienne0509
    Adrienne0509 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi Dani, how do I find the group that you created? I'd love to join! I'm from AL, just recently graduated college, bought a new house and getting settled into my new career. I've already lost about 17lbs since I started trying (February-ish) but I'd like to loose another 17lbs to be at my goal weight. Then I want to maintain. My husband eats like crap so it's really hard to stay self motivated sometimes - I'm definitely looking for accountability!!
    ToothlessJoe, I think we can all relate to that!! Ok, I have invited everyone to the group! Please check out the first discussion post--that's where we will start! See you all there!

• daniellerusbult
    Options
    Hi Dani, how do I find the group that you created? I'd love to join! I'm from AL, just recently graduated college, bought a new house and getting settled into my new career. I've already lost about 17lbs since I started trying (February-ish) but I'd like to loose another 17lbs to be at my goal weight. Then I want to maintain. My husband eats like crap so it's really hard to stay self motivated sometimes - I'm definitely looking for accountability!!

I will add you! It was just made today, so it's a bit of a slow start, but I doubt anybody will start until after the holiday weekend anyway. Once we get more people from this thread accepting the invitation, it should pick up!
  • Adrienne0509
    Adrienne0509 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Thank you, can't wait!

• crpoll549
    crpoll549 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I would love to. How do I start?
  • daniellerusbult
    Options
    crpoll549 wrote: »
    I would love to. How do I start?

I'll add you!
  • daniellerusbult
    Options
    The name of the group is Partner Accountability Group, if you guys want to look it up and join
  • AshFitness98
    AshFitness98 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    My name is Ashlin. I'm currently at 238 and my goal is to get down to 199 but my ultimate goal is to be around 140-150. I'm from Ohio and I'm in college for Health Communications
  • kikiluvdiva22
    kikiluvdiva22 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi All! My name is Kiki and I have lived in so many places, but right now we are calling TX home
  • daniellerusbult
    Options
    Hi All! My name is Kiki and I have lived in so many places, but right now we are calling TX home

Hi Kiki! I've invited you to the group!
  • scottyp65
    scottyp65 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Scotty, and yes, I would like to be part of such a group. SW315ish, CW281ish, GW250ish..... I live in northern Alabama.
  • shangetsfitx
    shangetsfitx Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! This group seems perfect for me, this is my second go at this. Been a yo yo dieter and mfp is the only thing that is sustainable and works for me! My name is Shannon I have 40-50lbs to lose. I don't have any friends yet on this site and think it would really motivate me and I love motivating others!