metabolism

Options
Looking for ideas of how to get your metabolism going?

Replies

• abg0220
    abg0220 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I need some ideas too!
  • sarabellum
    sarabellum Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    My nutritionist SWEARS by drinking lemon water - all throughout the day, but a big glass in the morning to get things going, before you eat anything.
    Also, EATING BREAKFAST - probably the best thing you can do!!!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Exercise
  • Mommyof3loves
    Options
    My nutritionist SWEARS by drinking lemon water - all throughout the day, but a big glass in the morning to get things going, before you eat anything.
    Also, EATING BREAKFAST - probably the best thing you can do!!!

What kind of lemon water...like adding slices of lemon or adding lemon juice to the water?
  • mlb929
    mlb929 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    Lift weights.
  • skinneyamy0211
    Options
    I have been trying all of those items... i try each of them for like 2 weeks and if no result i try something else
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,019 Member
    Options
    I'll say EXERCISE again. It's the best way, and you posted this int the Fitness and Exercise section......so......a mix of Cardio and resistance and balance training are all recommended forms of exercise, and overall fitness increases your metabolism.
  • skinneyamy0211
    Options
    Thank you for your ideas
  • Mommyof3loves
    Options
    Remember it'll take longer than a couple of weeks to get your metabolism going too. Taking vitamins daily will help some with it as well plus you will feel better too, that's what I have found anyway. Good luck!
  • jlh3473
    jlh3473 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just did some research on interval training/running and this along with eating "mini meals" every 2-3 hours is supposed to be the best way to increase your metabolism. Interval running, for instance, is when you run as fast as you can for about 10-20 seconds and then walk or rest for about 1 minute then repeat that cycle 6-10 times. You are supposed to warm up with a nice steady jog first and then jog at a steady pace after then cool down. The main benefit is that it will increase your fat burn for the next 24 hours even after you have finished working out. It has been tested and proven to burn more calories in a shorter time period than if you exercise at a steady pace for a longer time period. I just started it and it has worked wonders already! Once you get used to it, you can sprint up a hill or on an incline and then walk back down. That should increase your metabolism even more. You can run outside or on a treadmill. Intervals can actually be applied to any form of exercise (swimming, rowing, biking, etc.) just as long as you are going at your highest intesity for a short period and then at a low intensity for a longer period and then repeat. Try it for a week or 2 and see how it works for you! Good luck
  • pkpzp228
    pkpzp228 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Take a look at a book by Jillian Michaels, Mastering your Metabolism. The book focuses on environmental and dietary concerns related to hormonal regulation and its effect on you metabolism. Good read.