really hungry but its after 7!

Options
So I'm in a bit of a dilemma. I'm just under 1000 cals under my daily goal and as a result I'm now really hungry. However its after 7pm here and I'm trying hard to stick to not eating anything after 7pm....so what should I do??

Replies

• luigigirl
    luigigirl Posts: 21
    Options
    Why are you trying to not eat after 7? What time do you normally go to bed? Reason I ask is because my Dr. has told me to eat a snack an hour before bed...so if I go to bed at 11 I am eating my snack at 10. This helps my metabolism stay running smoothly and not push my body into starvation mode (which means your body will not convert the food you eat into energy but will store it as fat) while I sleep. I eat every two hours all day long so I don't starve myself. Good Luck!
  • matt1986wilson
    Options
    Because my GP told me not to and I've read other posts on here saying its very beneficial not to eat after 7.
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    I eat dinner after 7 every night. It isn't a magical cut-off time. If you are hungry have a little snack, provided there isn't a medical reason you shouldn't eat after 7 since your doctor said not to.
  • baisleac
    baisleac Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    Unless eating before bed causes indigestion or difficulty sleeping for you, that myth has been debunked.

Your body burns calories while you are sleeping.
    Your body burns calories while you're awake.
    It knows if you've been eating bad or good.
    So eat for goodness sake.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    Eat! I've read many things that say it doesn't matter what time you eat.
  • michaelaam18
    Options
    It doesn't matter what time you eat. Calories, fat, carbs, protein etc don't wear watches. They have no concept of time. 1000 calories is the same at 6am as it is at 10pm. The only difference is that digestion slows down overnight, so you might feel a little sluggish in the morning and your weight might fluctuate up a bit. You won't actually gain weight from eating after 7pm if you're sticking to your goals.
  • lcgallagher
    lcgallagher Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    i dont get home til 8 so by the time i've made my dinners its like 9! and i've never seen a difference because of that - its what you put in your mouth that counts, not the time. Its the average over 24hours that matters!! x
  • vrrials
    vrrials Posts: 5
    Options
    Toasted almonds are a god stand by to break through the hunger. Protein rich, they help to curve cravings and rev up your metabolism.
  • joejccva71
    joejccva71 Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options

This made my day. LOL.
  • scs143
    scs143 Posts: 2,190 Member
    Options
    I always heard that you should stop 2 hours before bedtime. So unless you go to bed at 9p, I think you should eat something.
  • mistyaiken
    mistyaiken Posts: 13
    Options
    try putting more fiber in your diet exspeacially at dinner time . Fiber keeps you full longer
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    This not eating after 7pm business is a useless handicap. Unless you find losing weight is "too easy" and you're looking for some sporty way to make it more challenging, there's no reason to create obstacles like this.
  • matt1986wilson
    Options
    Alright. Thanks guys. I'm gonna go eat now! :-D

And yeah that rhyme was awesome. lol
  • stroutman81
    stroutman81 Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    Unless eating before bed causes indigestion or difficulty sleeping for you, that myth has been debunked.

Love it!
  • PaulC9554
    PaulC9554 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    A pot of cottage cheese is a good evening snack.
  • bzmom
    bzmom Posts: 1,332 Member
    Options
    Dam I eat after 7 everyday cuz I dont get home till 6pm and still have to do dinner I have lost 40lbs I must be doing something wrong ...... LOL! (jk)

Just eat something honey it will not hurt you:smile:
  • atsteele
    atsteele Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options

Clever!!