Alcohol alternatives

Options
Avocado_Angel
Avocado_Angel Posts: 2,362 Member
I usually do like a good drink lol but iv kinda went off it, don't mind having a few but lately been dabbling with alternative drinks, I don't really like cola or other fizzy drinks, but want something more than water. So a few iv tried recently that iv really enjoyed is ginger beer, or ginger & lemongrass - nice n refreshing especially with some mint, a lemon n lime wedge & ice. Any other good alternatives? Also, mocktails not something iv ever tried but probably will, what's your favourite?

Replies

• Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    Water is Good.
  • GreenGoddess22
    GreenGoddess22 Posts: 3,821 Member
    Options
    Infused water is good. I throw some berries into a pitcher of water, break the berries up very lightly and enjoy. It gives just a subtle flavor. I've also done this with citrus as well as cucumber and melon.
  • Motorsheen
    Options
    the only liquid calories I have are in a protein drink 30 minutes after training

if not that or water, it's sugar free lemonade make with real lemons (it's good for the kidneys)
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    Skinny Bunny tea legit tastes like yr drinking flowers.
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    Also EAS makes a protein drink that is only 70 cal per scoop. That said, you probably want to add a packet of sweetener. And blend the you know what out of it. It used to be Lean 15 but they reformulated.... it was not necessary to reformulate!
  • carterbrent
    carterbrent Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I used to drink a gin and tonic. Now I just drink the diet tonic water with a twist of lime and don't really miss the gin
  • candycanebec
    candycanebec Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Virgin mojito - soda water, lime cordial, mint and lime wedge is a favourite of mine (basically a slightly fancier version of the cheapo pub favourite, the lime and soda). See also orange juice and soda, or any given squash/cordial made with soda water - they helped me kick fizzy pop :)
  • LittleLionHeart1
    LittleLionHeart1 Posts: 3,655 Member
    Options
    I making my own ice tea and throw a cinnamon stick into the pitcher. Or in a pitcher, cucumber, lemon slices, and a mint leaf from my garden on top.
    Ummm. Coconut water.... I want to try those Lady Gaga drinks at Starbucks. The violet drink.
  • Motorsheen
    Options
    [quote="Motorsheen;c-39880311

Are protein drinks high in calories ?
    When would you recommend using them ?

1. they can be
    2. it depends on your goals
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    I like peppermint tea, hot or cold.

Lots of flavoured teas are good both hot and cold. I don't know if you have Teavanna there but they have lots of samples and blends that are amazing.

Lemon and grapefruit squeezed into soda water is also one of my favourites, might be good in plain water too
  • LotusCass
    LotusCass Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    You can get some apple spritzer drinks that taste a bit like a cider. When i was pregnant I drank lemon lime & a tiny dash of bitters. That's very refreshing.
  • _thisnameischosen_
    _thisnameischosen_ Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Elderflower cordial with soda water.
  • Motorsheen
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    [quote="Motorsheen;c-39880311

Are protein drinks high in calories ?
    When would you recommend using them ?

1. they can be
    2. it depends on your goals

I don't think I will use them just now, maybe when iv shifted more weight

weight is either water, fat or muscle

I've used whey protein to build muscle
  • beagletracks
    beagletracks Posts: 6,035 Member
    Options
    Soda water with a splash of cranberry juice and a lemon slice

(Also good with vodka)
  • SoulRadiation
    SoulRadiation Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    Calorie free recreational activities can be hard to find, but they're out there...

https://youtu.be/zmwue6Jq4KA