In search of a new protein powder

Options
gothchiq
gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
EAS reformulated LEAN 15 into AdvantEdge. Bleurgh! What a nasty surprise! What used to be a lovely chocolate shake now tastes like (words I can't put here).

I don't have the best income and need something affordable that doesn't A. taste like mashed butt and B. doesn't cost more than I can pay. So we're talking 20 to 25 dollars max I can spend on a tub of protein powder when I do have the money to buy it AKA payday.

Can anyone recommend something I can switch to that fits those parameters? I'm so ticked off at EAS right now. Blegggh! I still taste it!

Replies

• auntstephie321
    auntstephie321 Posts: 3,586 Member
    Options
    I've been using vitamin world precision engineered, taste is good and its always on sale
  • Nibornomis
    Nibornomis Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I absolutely LOVE Unjury. Chocolate tastes just like chocolate milk. I also use unflavored in my coffee. Love it and you must try them out. Www.unjury.com. Let me know how you like it.
  • gothchiq
    Options
    Thank you!
  • Old_Cat_Lady
    Old_Cat_Lady Posts: 1,193 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Do you have a Sams or Costco membership? Costco has ON Gold Standard which cannot be beat. On sale for about .70 cents a serving. Sams has Muscletech which can cost as little as .57 cents serving.
    *Not sure why bottle price matters. If it has 100 servings for $25 is it more expensive than $24 for 10 servings?
  • DanyellMcGinnis
    DanyellMcGinnis Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    ON Gold Standard is good. So is BSN Syntha 6.

But, I don't really like to drink protein shakes. I prefer to mix a little into a smoothie. The least bit of grit and I don't like drinking it. (Whey-based ones dissolve/mix better than plant-based ones.)
  • gothchiq
    Options
    I don't have a membership but I have friends I could reimburse. For now in the interest of time and price I ordered Unjury and I'll see how that tastes. What matters about bottle price is the amount of money I can allocate out of a paycheck to put towards it so that I have enough money left for the other necessities. Often people can economize by buying larger containers if they have enough to spend on it in the first place, but if it means not buying something else you need yr not going to do it. It's the trap of low income, anyone broke will know how this goes, kind of sucks. But anyway I'm in the evaluation stage right now for products. What was EAS thinking? Bleurgh!!!
  • Rebecca0224
    Rebecca0224 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    I use My Protein Impact whey isolate unflavored, 90 calories 21g protein. 2.2lbs(40 serving) pack cost me $27 including shipping. I have mixed it with 2% milk and with crystal light and couldn't taste any difference.
  • Old_Cat_Lady
    Old_Cat_Lady Posts: 1,193 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    If money is an issue, walmart has PureProtein. It might cost .90 a serving and it's hard to drink with just water. I had to mix it with skim milk. Look for coupons?
    I remember seeing shakeology online once and I think it was $4 a serving. Some people are crazy to pay that.
  • bettycooker
    bettycooker Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    gothchiq wrote: »
    I don't have a membership but I have friends I could reimburse. For now in the interest of time and price I ordered Unjury and I'll see how that tastes. What matters about bottle price is the amount of money I can allocate out of a paycheck to put towards it so that I have enough money left for the other necessities. Often people can economize by buying larger containers if they have enough to spend on it in the first place, but if it means not buying something else you need yr not going to do it. It's the trap of low income, anyone broke will know how this goes, kind of sucks. But anyway I'm in the evaluation stage right now for products. What was EAS thinking? Bleurgh!!!
    My hubby had gastric bypass and the Unjury protein powder and their hot choc mix is really good! I go to the hospital where he had the surgery and pick it up..
  • gothchiq
    Options
    I got the Chocolate Splendor one. Can't wait for it to arrive! I can't choke down any more of the reformulated EAS stuff!